Honored Contributor

Re: What's Wrong With This Picture....You Tell Me?

We all have a right to be offended but we don't have the right to not ever be offended. 

Respected Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
I have no idea what this is about!

Me either.   

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I'm just wondering how we got to the point (not here, but everywhere) where a few people are allowed to control the majority of the people.

We see it everywhere.  Some people do something wrong (I'm not going to sit here and break it down) you know all that I'm talking about.....

And just because someone is unhappy (about anything) they can (and do) post something that causes the post topic to be shut down.

I'm not disagreeing with QVC (I understand), what I'm saying is that it seems the minority rules.  We are raising our children (well, not me, I'm done thank goodness) to do whatever it takes just so the minority isn't upset or whomever yells the loudest, they win.  Kinda like, "Shussss(finger to lip like be quiet) and "What do you want?  Just don't yell.  You'll get it".

People will never be able to learn from each other by discussing pros and cons as long as the majority is allowed to rule.

It's pretty easy (as I just observed) (again, not judging, I understand, just using this as an example) if some want to end the subject they just put some mean, trashy comments and the entire thing is closed down.

Again, I'm not busting on QVC, their forum, I understand, but it would be nice if they just deleted the comments that are obviously put there to get it deleted.  Maybe it's not possible, I don't know.  I thought the discussion was going along OK, but I didn't read all of them.

Those bracelets really get around.  I just saw the actress named Tara Reed's boyfriend over on another show wearing a black version of one of those bracelets.  Good for him, I guess.

It was probably time for the discussion to end anyway. Too bad more people can't be like we are over on TV and Movies.....We often "AGREE TO DISAGREE"

And I can tell you, we TV people are very opinionated about our 'shows', so if we can do it, others can too.

I don't have a clue what the subject matter is you speak of in this post, but could you just explain which one rules?  The "minority" or the majority?  In what context?

I suspect that the "majority" may not be, shocking as that may seem to some. We all think "we" are "the majority" all the time, whatever we have an opinion about. We may be...and we may not be, depending on the topic, situation, idea expressed, etc.  You win some and lose some and that's part of life. I don't ever sweat the (minor - we are on a shopping channel forum, after all) losses. It's just not that big a thing to me - whatever "it" might be.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Everyone must agree, if not you will be poofed. No disagreeing allowed. Being offended is not allowed, doesn't that mean a differing of opinions? Not sure, but posters are in an uproar of difference of opinion. None allowed, otherwise you are accused of controlling the thread. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

I'm just wondering how we got to the point (not here, but everywhere) where a few people are allowed to control the majority of the people.

We see it everywhere.  Some people do something wrong (I'm not going to sit here and break it down) you know all that I'm talking about.....

And just because someone is unhappy (about anything) they can (and do) post something that causes the post topic to be shut down.

I'm not disagreeing with QVC (I understand), what I'm saying is that it seems the minority rules.  We are raising our children (well, not me, I'm done thank goodness) to do whatever it takes just so the minority isn't upset or whomever yells the loudest, they win.  Kinda like, "Shussss(finger to lip like be quiet) and "What do you want?  Just don't yell.  You'll get it".

People will never be able to learn from each other by discussing pros and cons as long as the majority is allowed to rule.

It's pretty easy (as I just observed) (again, not judging, I understand, just using this as an example) if some want to end the subject they just put some mean, trashy comments and the entire thing is closed down.

Again, I'm not busting on QVC, their forum, I understand, but it would be nice if they just deleted the comments that are obviously put there to get it deleted.  Maybe it's not possible, I don't know.  I thought the discussion was going along OK, but I didn't read all of them.

Those bracelets really get around.  I just saw the actress named Tara Reed's boyfriend over on another show wearing a black version of one of those bracelets.  Good for him, I guess.

It was probably time for the discussion to end anyway. Too bad more people can't be like we are over on TV and Movies.....We often "AGREE TO DISAGREE"

And I can tell you, we TV people are very opinionated about our 'shows', so if we can do it, others can too.

I don't have a clue what the subject matter is you speak of in this post, but could you just explain which one rules?  The "minority" or the majority?  In what context?

I suspect that the "majority" may not be, shocking as that may seem to some. We all think "we" are "the majority" all the time, whatever we have an opinion about. We may be...and we may not be, depending on the topic, situation, idea expressed, etc.  You win some and lose some and that's part of life. I don't ever sweat the (minor - we are on a shopping channel forum, after all) losses. It's just not that big a thing to me - whatever "it" might be.

Now I don't have a clue what YOU'RE talking about.  I am referencing her use of the two in the same post and want to know which one she says rules.  First it's the minority then, the majority.  Just want her to elaborate.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

Now I don't have a clue what YOU'RE talking about.  I am referencing her use of the two in the same post and want to know which one she says rules.  First it's the minority then, the majority.  Just want her to elaborate.

Yeah, I said this yesterday and my post is gone. Good luck with your question. No disagreeing allowed.

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

I, too, asked for elaboration from the OP and she ignored my post. In fact, many posts last night were deleted by the webmaster asking the OP to elaborate on what she was trying to convey. It seemed that two different thoughts contradicting each other were in the OP's opening post.

I suspect if anyone disagreed with her premise, she had no interest in any kind of dialogue. It was never meant to be discussed rather she was venting....

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

I, too, asked for elaboration from the OP and she ignored my post. In fact, many posts last night were deleted by the webmaster asking the OP to elaborate on what she was trying to convey. It seemed that two different thoughts contradicting each other were in the OP's opening post.

I suspect if anyone disagreed with her premise, she had no interest in any kind of dialogue. It was never meant to be discussed rather she was venting....

Bingo. The OP often contradicts herself in the same post, and chooses to whom she will respond about what. It's been a pattern. She was speaking as if those who felt as she did were the majority; I simply commented that we may *think* we are the majority, but we may not, in actuality, always BE the majority, no matter what our perception is.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

A reply states,"I don't have a clue what the subject matter is you speak of in this post, but could you just explain which one rules? The "minority" or the majority? In what context?"

In addition to the disruptive attention seeking comments meant to topedo a thread like the one OP is discussing, there are the hordes of comments like this one.  How many times are these less than genious comments laid like incendiary during the course of the discussion?  They think themselves "cute" clever not realizing that the point has already been attested to- "don't have a clue"

OP,  you don't mumble, you aren't obfuscating. We hear you, understand you acknowledge! Don't be discouraged by this tactic either.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

It seems to me that the word in red is a typo and should really say "minority." 

You may want to edit that in your OP.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.