Honored Contributor

What's Wrong With This Picture....You Tell Me?

[ Edited ]

I'm just wondering how we got to the point (not here, but everywhere) where a few people are allowed to control the majority of the people.

We see it everywhere.  Some people do something wrong (I'm not going to sit here and break it down) you know all that I'm talking about.....

And just because someone is unhappy (about anything) they can (and do) post something that causes the post topic to be shut down.

I'm not disagreeing with QVC (I understand), what I'm saying is that it seems the minority rules.  We are raising our children (well, not me, I'm done thank goodness) to do whatever it takes just so the minority isn't upset or whomever yells the loudest, they win.  Kinda like, "Shussss(finger to lip like be quiet) and "What do you want?  Just don't yell.  You'll get it".

People will never be able to learn from each other by discussing pros and cons as long as the minority is allowed to rule.

It's pretty easy (as I just observed) (again, not judging, I understand, just using this as an example) if some want to end the subject they just put some mean, trashy comments and the entire thing is closed down.

Again, I'm not busting on QVC, their forum, I understand, but it would be nice if they just deleted the comments that are obviously put there to get it deleted.  Maybe it's not possible, I don't know.  I thought the discussion was going along OK, but I didn't read all of them.

Those bracelets really get around.  I just saw the actress named Tara Reed's boyfriend over on another show wearing a black version of one of those bracelets.  Good for him, I guess.

It was probably time for the discussion to end anyway. Too bad more people can't be like we are over on TV and Movies.....We often "AGREE TO DISAGREE"

And I can tell you, we TV people are very opinionated about our 'shows', so if we can do it, others can too.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: What's Wrong With This Picture....You Tell Me?

@Annabellethecat66, I just want to say that I LOVE the way you write. Wish we were neighbors.

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

When it comes to religion Anna, I think some people's hair actually ignites.

Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I have no idea what this is about!
Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
I have no idea what this is about!

I think I need the Cliff's Note's Edition of this thread.

"People will never be able to learn from each other by discussing pros and cons as long as the majority is allowed to rule."

Annabelle, I thought you said prior to this not to let the minority rule? I am lost. Maybe you can explain what you are talking about?

Esteemed Contributor

There's no shortage of lectures on how one must live in order to be acceptable.

I swear, it's like reading a 1950's Ladies Home Journal.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

There's no shortage of lectures on how one must live in order to be acceptable.

I swear, it's like reading a 1950's Ladies Home Journal.

That's so funny...lol   I refer to it as the  "Reader's Digest" mentality.  I swear some people post stuff that came from a circa 1964 Reader's Digest..lol

Honored Contributor

@sabatini  Well, you'd be able to find my house, but if you came inside, you'd have trouble finding me for all of the QVC junk in it....Ha!

I'm pretty good friends with @ECBG (facebook, etc).  She knows what a slob I am......ummmm are you good at organizing??? Just asking???  No reason???  Are you near Virginia???

Thanks for the compliments, but this is something that is spreading everywhere in our society and it's really sad.

I have discussions with my granddaughters all of the time.  One has very liberal ideas.  She is good at supporting those ideas (I've been known to change my mind).  

The good thing about young people (who are maybe under the age of 15) talk about their ideas without throwing verbal; unnecessary (how'd you like that for substituting the words curse and obscene)?  Whoops!  I 'said' it...  where was I?  Oh!  I meant without yelling those words at another person when disagreeing.

By discussing opposition in a manner that shows respect, each person learns something.  If the opposition isn't punished for throwing fits and issuing verbal obscentities, they learn that's how you get what you want.

My grandson threw one holy fit today when I was visiting my daughter.  I used to say, "Honey!  You are hurting grandma's ears" (he'd continue to yell). Everyone in the house went about their business and left the room.  He didn't have an audience and quickly shut up!

Perhaps if these same people always giving in to the minority groups and the TV reporters didn't cover it they'd sit down and talk or behave.

I like disagreement, well, I like it when it's not disruptive and I can learn something.

There is a definite time to show one's disagreement (one of the smartest men in history, Martin Luther King) demonstrated that people will learn and listen from those who demonstrate dissent; but dissent using intelligence and non-violence.

Honored Contributor

I need an Annabellethecat translation dictionary, do you think I can get one from here or does Amazon have a better price? Woman Wink

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

TV shows are rarely controversial.  Religion, politics and many other subjects are.  

It's always been that way.  Wars have been fought over them.