Respected Contributor

Re: What's Wrong With Some People

Years ago we had a remodel done on our house. We rented a roll off dumpster and it was amazing the things that got thrown in it that weren't anything from our house. A fish tank, kitchen sink and a lot of bags of trash are just a  couple of examples. People just felt like it was there so they could use it if they wanted to.

Trusted Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

@Equuleus wrote:

... And last night our next door neighbor decides to run his generator all night so they could run their air conditioner.  This thing was so loud I thought I was going to lose my mind. 

@Equuleus, most places have noise regulations for generators.  For day and night.  Perhaps your neighbor is in violation.  

We called to ask the police and they said there was nothing they could do because it was an "emergency" situation.  Everyone else suffered through it and it's not exactly what I call an emergency situation.  But, that's our PD for you.  Of course the neighbor couldn't hear it over their air conditioner so they got some good sleep.  After about three hours he ran out of gas and I thought "thank goodness now I can get some sleep," but he came out and filled it up again and started it. I thought I was gonna cry.  They didn't care about anyone but themselves. 

This guy was really friendly and nice when he first moved in, then him and his wife split.  He stayed, had a live-in friend who he ended up marrying.  Ever since then he's been nothing but a "doo-doo head" (not the words my husband uses).  He blows snow from his driveway up into our yard, they cut one side of our pine trees so now they are all out of shape.  She tried taking over the row of trees and plants and rose bush we have and decided to start pruning and my husband had to tell him that was our property.  He showed them the survey and they haven't spoken to us since.  She tells him everything to do and he does it.

Respected Contributor

My county is cracking down on illegal dumping and even recruiting people to watch out for and report offenders ...

its a felony charge if the material dumped is over a certain weight. It’s sickening to see piles of junk and old mattresses spoiling the desert and vacant property. 

Makes me angry 😡.

Respected Contributor

Ah, neighbors! Good ones are so appreciated. Our city has an ordinance against parking boats in driveways but each summer a neighbor brings his and it stays until fall. Last year he had something to repair so it was December before it was gone. I can live with a couple of weeks here or there, but this long? If I call the city I have to give name so neighbor will know. Then they are warned and then have a week or so to remove. Then the next year it’s a repeat, you would think this would carry over to next year. I guess we pick our battles but onecexpects more from fellow home owner.
Honored Contributor

@EquuleusSorry you have to deal with someone else's castoff.

Does your local fire department offer an extinguisher disposal?

Honored Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

I put my recyclables out on the corner yesterday as they pick them up early Thursday morning.  Last night I went out to throw out a cardboard box and saw a fire extinguisher in the container.  I thought ... "hmmm, why did he (my husband) throw that in the recyclables???  Guess he knows what he's doing."  So this morning I go out to bring in the empty containers and the collectors threw the extinguisher in the middle of our front lawn and of course did not entirely empty the containers. 

So I texted my husband at work and told him "hey, the garbage collectors threw that fire extinguisher in the middle of the lawn."  He replies "what fire extinguisher?"  So he didn't throw it in there, who did??  A neighbor that knew it should not be disposed of that way and didn't want it in their containers so they threw it in ours?  People are so odd.

Maybe I'm just tired because for the last two nights, the hottest nights of the year, we lost our power for six hours and I could not sleep.  It felt like there was no air at all.  And last night our next door neighbor decides to run his generator all night so they could run their air conditioner.  This thing was so loud I thought I was going to lose my mind. 

And if you had a generator would have you said, oh it makes noise, poor neighbors we won't run it?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Equuleus wrote:

I put my recyclables out on the corner yesterday as they pick them up early Thursday morning.  Last night I went out to throw out a cardboard box and saw a fire extinguisher in the container.  I thought ... "hmmm, why did he (my husband) throw that in the recyclables???  Guess he knows what he's doing."  So this morning I go out to bring in the empty containers and the collectors threw the extinguisher in the middle of our front lawn and of course did not entirely empty the containers. 

So I texted my husband at work and told him "hey, the garbage collectors threw that fire extinguisher in the middle of the lawn."  He replies "what fire extinguisher?"  So he didn't throw it in there, who did??  A neighbor that knew it should not be disposed of that way and didn't want it in their containers so they threw it in ours?  People are so odd.

Maybe I'm just tired because for the last two nights, the hottest nights of the year, we lost our power for six hours and I could not sleep.  It felt like there was no air at all.  And last night our next door neighbor decides to run his generator all night so they could run their air conditioner.  This thing was so loud I thought I was going to lose my mind. 

And if you had a generator would have you said, oh it makes noise, poor neighbors we won't run it?

Yes.  And we do have one.

Esteemed Contributor

We have a hoarder about 3 miles from our house.  He collects.  I have found boxes missing that I dumped out and later had second thoughts and went back to get.  Not there.  Mr Collection got it, no doubt.  We also have another neighbor 2 miles from our houses who collects rocks and they are all over his front yard.  Perhaps you should consider yourself lucky. 

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@EquuleusSorry you have to deal with someone else's castoff.

Does your local fire department offer an extinguisher disposal?

I will check.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

How tacky.  Our trash gets picked up Mondays and Thursdays and Mondays include the recyclables but that's a different truck.  Trash gets picked up at 6am but I'm lucky bc recyclable truck comes thru very late in the day so I dont put it out till I hear them in the neighborhood - and they are loud so you can't miss them coming.