Respected Contributor

Re: What's With All the Praying?

Crabby thread.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

He's not praying. He's thanking his lucky stars that he is rich from people buying his expensive wen products.

That is what I am thinking!!

Trusted Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

Crabby thread.

Reality thread.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@physicsnut wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

As long as you started this thread, I hate when hosts end their show with "Have a blessed day."   Someone did that just yesterday (female host - didn't even know who she is). People should keep religious wishes to themselves; surely Q has some atheist / agnostic viewers.

Wow.  I love and appreciate it when a host says have a blessed day.  We need MORE of that in the world today!

No doubt a lot of people like it, but it's not applicable to their entire audience.  They shouldh't be expressing anything religious or political as host IMO.  I am delighted for you to get "blessings" for your day elsewhere, if you appreciate that thought.  Many people don't. 

So, I guess I will wish that you do NOT have a blessed day?  Wow you can't say anything these days without ticking some sensitive soul off.  Do you really think someone is imposing religious beliefs on you by wishing you a blessed day?  You really have to go some to get that out of it.

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I am an Atheist and I find absolutely nothing wrong at all with saying have a blessed day but I am not looking to be offended.

I don't see anyone on this thread looking to be offended.  As I stated in my post above, I'm not offended in the least.  I think it's inappropriate, and the posts agreeing with me are expressing the same.  There are  ways of wishing people a good day without imposing one's own beliefs on them.  Again, I think it's inappropriate and actually self-centered of the hosts not to include everyone in their well wishes for a nice day.  I don't believe in "blessed" days, so the hosts aren't including me in their well wishes, and are being short-sighted thinking they are wishing everyone listening to them a nice day.

Esteemed Contributor

Actually the hosts excluded no one with their well wishes. 

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I am an Atheist and I find absolutely nothing wrong at all with saying have a blessed day but I am not looking to be offended.

I don't see anyone on this thread looking to be offended.  As I stated in my post above, I'm not offended in the least.  I think it's inappropriate, and the posts agreeing with me are expressing the same.  There are  ways of wishing people a good day without imposing one's own beliefs on them.  Again, I think it's inappropriate and actually self-centered of the hosts not to include everyone in their well wishes for a nice day.  I don't believe in "blessed" days, so the hosts aren't including me in their well wishes, and are being short-sighted thinking they are wishing everyone listening to them a nice day.

My "objection" is that it sounds so insincere.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

Crabby thread.

Reality thread.

Yes, the reality is some people are crabby.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's an affectation. Period.

ETA: No worse or better than all the hugging and kissing.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Wow. Do you get this "vocal" when someone wishes you a merry Christmas? Do you put them in their place, right then and there, that you do NOT want them pushing their religion down your throat?

Or, do you just smile, accept the well wish, in the spirit that it was intended?