Respected Contributor

Re: What's With All the Praying?

@june22 wrote:

Wonder what the boys get paid for petting the dogs?  Likewise for the model that shampoos her hair on air?

Me too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

As I said, more than one definition. Thank you for showing them.

Yes, more than one, with the others besides the first one rarely - if ever - used or interpreted as displayed in the third definition.

IMO "blessing" has a religious connotation.

I agree it can have a religious connotation. It also has a meaning other than religious. 

If I were an atheist/agnostic, or anyone for that matter, and was upset by a TV host wishing me a blessed day I'd have bigger problems to address —such as why I'm offended by kind words.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Yes, more than one, with the others besides the first one rarely - if ever - used or interpreted as displayed in the third definition.

I agree it can have a religious connotation. It also has a meaning other than religious. 

If I were an atheist/agnostic, or anyone for that matter, and was upset by a TV host wishing me a blessed day I'd have bigger problems to address —such as why I'm offended by kind words.  

I'm not "upset" nor "offended."  I think it is inappropriate of the hosts to assume others share their beliefs.  You read way too much into my posts.

"Have a blessed day" to me means someone is wishing I am "blessed" by a Supreme Being in some way.   As I said in my first post, surely QVC has atheists and agnostics as viewers, among others who do not strive to be blessed. Why not chose some other way of wishing people well or a good day that doesn't have religious connotations?  It's just as easy to do.  Just don't impose your religious beliefs on me - wishing me a pleasant day or evening is way preferable to me and just as easy.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

I'm not "upset" nor "offended."  I think it is inappropriate of the hosts to assume others share their beliefs.  You read way too much into my posts.

"Have a blessed day" to me means someone is wishing I am "blessed" by a Supreme Being in some way.   As I said in my first post, surely QVC has atheists and agnostics as viewers, among others who do not strive to be blessed. Why not chose some other way of wishing people well or a good day that doesn't have religious connotations?  It's just as easy to do.  Just don't impose your religious beliefs on me - wishing me a pleasant day or evening is way preferable to me and just as easy.

And let's not forget to include the Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, etc.     

Trusted Contributor

How about just saying have a nice day.....enjoy your day.....That is enough pleasentry.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Actually you're reading way to much into mine. I never said anything about how you feel. I said if I were to feel that way I'd know I have bigger problems than being offended by kind words. Luckily for me, I'm not. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am an Atheist and I find absolutely nothing wrong at all with saying have a blessed day but I am not looking to be offended.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@june22 wrote:

How about just saying have a nice day.....enjoy your day.....That is enough pleasentry.above!

That's exactly the point I made above!

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Actually you're reading way to much into mine. I never said anything about how you feel. I said if I were to feel that way I'd know I have bigger problems than being offended by kind words. Luckily for me, I'm not. 

Yeah, right.