Valued Contributor

Re: What's Up With Your Leftovers?

Leftovers are mostly gone now except for some turkey.  I love turkey sandwiches on whole wheat buns with lettuce and mayonnaise.  I do get tired of eating heavy food for several days in a row.  Last night I made a huge chef's salad with the turkey.  It really hit the spot!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Trusted Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

I LOVE Thanksgiving leftovers and wait for the food all year! I purposely cook more food than we could ever eat in one or two meals, and I never make it into anything else like soup or sandwiches or turkey casseroles. We continue to make up plates of our leftover dinner food until everything is gone -- we will finally finish it up today after meal six! Things drop out one by one as they're finished (green beans, for example), but I still have mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing/dressing, turkey, and gravy left, along with cranberry sauce, pickles and olives. I will end up freezing just a bit of stuffing, but everything else will be GONE (including my final piece of pumpkin pie). Yum!!

This is how we like to eat all of our leftovers here, and will do just like you do, too! Cat Happy

Sometimes I will make a pot of soup with some of the left over turkey, but this time we just kept eating it, and will finish it off tonight. 

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Wow, Nunya - 44lbs?   I didn't even know there WAS such a thing.   Does it even fit in the oven?    Could you get it through the door? HA!    I cannot even imagine!

Mine is usually around 14.5 to 15lbs and this time I ordered on the high end of their 14-16lb range for that particular product.  I got one that was 15.93lbs and I swear, that's a TON larger than the 14.5-15 I usually get!

I will be able to vacuum seal and freeze one whole (ginormous!) breast and probably half of another one, plus the rest, and that's after several days of eating from it.

Hey CB, no...lol... she made 2 - 22 lb'ers. I told her we didn't need 2 but she did anyway. She also made 10 lbs of potatoes. We honestly could have fed a small army