Honored Contributor

Re: What's Up With Your Leftovers?

I almost took this to be about the show The Leftovers! No leftovers for me I didn't cook. 

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

I made a turkey BLT on homemade bread today. That was my contribution to eating the TG leftovers today lol. 

I never thought of that!  It sounds delicious.

It was really good. 

I'm going to freeze some of my leftover turkey and make soup with it on Friday when my husband comes home from his business trip. He's leaving tomorrow and I know we can't eat the rest in the next couple days.  

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I had a lot of leftover turkey so I froze some for later. Today I am making a turkey pot pie. I love turkey but just knew I had to freeze some so it would keep until I had a chance to use all of it.

Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

I had a lot of leftover turkey so I froze some for later. Today I am making a turkey pot pie. I love turkey but just knew I had to freeze some so it would keep until I had a chance to use all of it.

Oh that's a great idea! Love that. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Today it's yams and beans.  Tomorrow will be kraut, beans and what's left of the yams.  I'm so glad I don't have to deal with leftover turkey.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Wow, Nunya - 44lbs?   I didn't even know there WAS such a thing.   Does it even fit in the oven?    Could you get it through the door? HA!    I cannot even imagine!

Mine is usually around 14.5 to 15lbs and this time I ordered on the high end of their 14-16lb range for that particular product.  I got one that was 15.93lbs and I swear, that's a TON larger than the 14.5-15 I usually get!

I will be able to vacuum seal and freeze one whole (ginormous!) breast and probably half of another one, plus the rest, and that's after several days of eating from it.

Respected Contributor

I LOVE Thanksgiving leftovers and wait for the food all year! I purposely cook more food than we could ever eat in one or two meals, and I never make it into anything else like soup or sandwiches or turkey casseroles. We continue to make up plates of our leftover dinner food until everything is gone -- we will finally finish it up today after meal six! Things drop out one by one as they're finished (green beans, for example), but I still have mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing/dressing, turkey, and gravy left, along with cranberry sauce, pickles and olives. I will end up freezing just a bit of stuffing, but everything else will be GONE (including my final piece of pumpkin pie). Yum!!

Honored Contributor

Has anyone put all their food in a blender for a smoothie? I'm getting tired of leftovers already!!!

Respected Contributor

@NUNYA wrote:

We still have some in the fridge. My sister made 44 lbs of turkey for 10 people LOL

Yikes, that's a lot of turkey for 10 people.

No leftovers here as we were guests this year. 

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven

hope you are feeling better very soon!

each day has been something slightly different. the day after thanksgiving we had the entire thanksgiving feast all over again. yesterday we did some turkey sandwiches with some of the veggies and dip on the side. today we started the day with scrambled eggs and some of the ham fried for a late breakfast. the sweets are nibbled at all day long by those who want some. we had company through yesterday so they packed up some doggie bags (actually lock and lock containers Smiley Wink) to go.

tomorrow i will probably simmer the carcass so that i can make turkey barley soup and i will try to pull off all of the usable meat that is left. was thinking of doing a turkey fried rice for dinner!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein