Honored Contributor

Re: What's Up With Your Leftovers?

@NoelSeven wrote:

Happy Holidays, Sydney Smiley Happy

Same to you Noel, am I reading this correctly?  You spent some of the holiday in the hospital?  I hope you have or are recovering............

Regular Contributor

Hello MGM!  I hope you and your family are doing well.  CH

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

So glad you are enjoying your Thanksgiving in a Box~!  I cooked a small bird this year for just the four of us but to tell you the truth, I'm ho-hum about turkey but everyone else just loves it!  We don't have a ton of leftovers but enough for a dinner and sandwiches. LOL... by the time I'm done cooking everything I can't stand the smell.... 

I'm going to remember your Christmas in a Box suggestion...  

Hope you're feeling better very soon and getting stronger every day!!  

Hi Q4U Smiley Happy

Thank you.  Do consider a holiday dinner box.  We usually have prime rib for Christmas but we never eat it all.  I heard we can get a Christmas meal box with ham, corn casserole, and I don't know what else.  Sounds good to me.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I had two turkey sandwiches on toasted brioche with avocado and Best Foods mayo.  I am a happy camper!

That sounds delicious!

Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

I'm glad you are out of the hospital. 

We have a ton of leftovers. We ended up making a 20 lb turkey because I couldn't find one smaller at the store. Half the dressing has already been eaten though. And half the cheesecake I made for dessert lol. I've got at least 4 whole sweet potatoes leftover still too. 

My husband took me out to lunch today because he's going on a business trip this week so I don't think much of the leftovers will get eaten today. I think I'm going to have to freeze some until he gets back. Although I know the kids will eat some we have a lot. 

Sometimes Thanksgiving dinner seems to be never ending Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@CharleyHorse wrote:

Noel, I am so glad you are home and taking it easy.  Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds great.  I hope you get better and stronger every day. Enjoy the holiday season.   CH

Hi CH, it's good to see you, and thank you Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

Happy Holidays, Sydney Smiley Happy

Same to you Noel, am I reading this correctly?  You spent some of the holiday in the hospital?  I hope you have or are recovering............

Yes, shortly before Thanksgiving for a few days.  Bummer, lol.

Thank you, Sydney Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Today was the last day of leftovers. I had a good amount of people over this year and I bought extra takeaway containers so my mom, sister, daughter, etc... could take some home. I have a couple of people staying with me until tomorrow when their flight leaves and they have helped polish everything off. I think there is only a little turkey, peanut butter pie, apple pie and pumpkin pie left. I am sure my husband will have 3 pieces of pie for dinner tonight becuase holidays are really the only time we have pie in the house so he will be taking full advantage of it. 

I had a turkey and cranberry sandwich today and that is probably my last. I love Thanksgiving leftovers but only for 2 or 3 days then I start to get sick of it. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

We still have some in the fridge. My sister made 44 lbs of turkey for 10 people LOL

Honored Contributor

I had dinner at my sister's house and didn't really want to bring anything home.  Of course, I got the unopened cheesecake nobody wanted (WHAT?), some bread stuffing and the new container of the cranberry stuff with pineapple and walnuts.

My other sister brought freshly made yams, kraut, what must be a half a loaf of bread and two bowls of her butter bean dish.  Oh geez, and there were the devilled eggs.

I ate the devilled eggs for breakfast, lol.  I had some kraut and beans for lunch/supper.

Tomorrow will be yams and beans.  I will be eating kraut and beans for a week.  Lucky for me I like kraut and beans, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise