Re: What's Up For Valentine's Day?

Happy Valentine's Day @SerenitySilk

I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Dinner here; low country boil with King crab legs added, prime rib and cocktails.

I'm a seafood fanatic!

OMG @KingstonsMom

To me, that is the PERFECT celebration dinner!

ps I am also a seafood fanatic!  Unfortunately, the only one in the house.

@Noel7

To my fellow seafood lover, try this recipe sometime (courtesy of damndelicious.net):

Bacon Scallops with Garlic Butter Sauce

Crisp bacon, tender-melt-in-your mouth scallops with the most heavenly butter sauce. So fancy yet so easy!

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:

• 4 slices bacon, diced
  • 1 pound scallops
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

Directions:

1. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Drain excess fat; reserving 1 tablespoon in the skillet. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
  2. Remove the small side muscle from the scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry. Season scallops with salt and pepper, to taste. Working in batches, add scallops to the skillet in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until golden brown and translucent in the center, about 1-2 minutes per side. Set aside and keep warm.
  3. Melt butter in the skillet. Add garlic, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in bacon and scallops.
  4. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.

@KingstonsMom

Dear IG,

I must tell you, I was telling my daughter last night what a fun conversation you and I had about seafood, and the various fish etc. we talked about.  She said to me, "What?  Mom you should have told IG we also love having scallops together!"  WE DO!

You must have been reading my mind Woman Very Happy

Thank you so much for the scallops recipe, it's decadent and delicious, I can tell by the ingredients and cannot wait to try it!

Heart

Honored Contributor

OK, we have a dinner decision. lol.

We decided to go with one of our favorite meals that we've loved over the years and don't have that often:  clam spaghetti (basically pasta, butter & a little olive oil, minced garlic, clam juice, lemon juice, flat leaf parsley) and a Caesar salad with hearts of Romaine.

And a special bakery decadent brownie each, champagne throughout the meal.

Love it!

Frequent Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

OK, we have a dinner decision. lol.

We decided to go with one of our favorite meals that we've loved over the years and don't have that often:  clam spaghetti (basically pasta, butter & a little olive oil, minced garlic, clam juice, lemon juice, flat leaf parsley) and a Caesar salad with hearts of Romaine.

And a special bakery decadent brownie each, champagne throughout the meal.

Love it!

A lovely meal, enjoy your day. 

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves ~ Buddha ~
Frequent Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Happy Valentine's Day @SerenitySilk

I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend Smiley Happy

Thank you, what a beautiful rose!! such heartfelt wishes. Enjoy your Valentine's Day!!

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves ~ Buddha ~
Honored Contributor

@SerenitySilk

Thank you, Serenity, and the same to you Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

A great dinner! The appetizer is oysters on the half shell, the entree is linguine with clam sauce made with fresh clams in the shell (not the yucky ones from a can), lots of garlic, white wine, fresh parsley, and olive oil, a salad with Bibb lettuce, heirloom tomatoes, red onion, and olives with homemade vinaigrette dressing, and ciabatta bread. Dessert is an assortment of Italian cookies and gelato. Prosecco will be served with the oysters and Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio will be served with the dinner.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@KingstonsMom

Dear IG,

I must tell youwas telling my daughter last night what a fun conversation you and I had about seafood, and the various fish etc. we talked about.  She said to me, "What?  Mom you should have told IG we also love having scallops together!"  WE DO!

You must have been reading my mind Woman Very Happy

Thank you so much for the scallops recipe, it's decadent and delicious, I can tell by the ingredients and cannot wait to try it!

Heart

@Noel7

LOL! My crystal ball must've been working! Have a great Valentine's day with DH & Hubs!

Smiley MSN Emoticon 209.gif
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom

What a cute emoji, IG Woman Very Happy

Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours Heart

Honored Contributor

To All

Happy-Valentines-Day-Pictures-15.gif