Regular Contributor

Re: What's Up For The 4th of July?

I've been looking at the blog you posted and everything looks so good. I'm not much of a cook, but DH loves to and I'm going to show it to him. He loves his bleu cheese and that blue cheese coleslaw would be right up his alley. Thanks for posting this. CH
Honored Contributor

Thanks Noel, it's good to see you too.  We were worried about you when the new boards open and we didn't hear from you.  Glad to see you are back!  I hope you are feeling well.

Since we are so lucky to have fresh corn right now I may try a scaled down version of that dip.  I need to go to Trader Joe's and will add tortilla chips to my list just in case a corn dip breaks out unexpectedly! . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

CH, I've been making recipes from Kevin for quite awhile and passing them along to friends.  They've all been good.

Here's the link to his website (he's also on Pinterest):

http://www.closetcooking.com/

He has a lot of recipes available online and a search feature on his home page.

Have fun!

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

mtc, I'm with you, always be prepared Woman LOL

Love Trader Joe's, that's another place that always has ready-made holiday food.

I'm going to do a preview shopping trip this afternoon, I'd better get started.  I want to see if I can come up with any new ideas.

See you later!

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Noel (and all ).

We will have the annual family picnic during the day and then go to the cove and watch the fireworks over the lake at night.  It is "our place", we got engaged there on Fourth of July 2004. (and he said the town was so happy I said yes, they set off fireworks) Heart

Our first date was on Fourth of July 2003 so it is a fun day for us.

Enjoy your celebrations all.

Honored Contributor

This is the first year in I don't know how long that our tradition of spending the day at the boat dock with friends won't happen.  I am beyond bugged.

We have another committment so we will be out of town, staying overnight on the 4th and coming home on the 5th.  I don't even know if we will see fireworks. 

We will be spending the day with other friends so it will be okay, just different.  We will cook out and it will be hamburgers, hot dogs, fruit salad and munchies. 

Of course, it could rain buckets and everything will be a bust.  LOL 

Respected Contributor

We are going to friends annual  pig roast.

Honored Contributor

We're going to our favorite Barbeque restaurant for lunch with another couple.  We go there every year on the 4th.  

That's it for us- no plans for going to Fireworks and stuff.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Minkbunny, sounds like a really special day for you even if it rains you would still be a happy lady with all your memories. Enjoy your special day . We are right now not planning any thing special we are supposed to have rain. I don't think 30 people would feel very comfortable all in the the house. Guess we will wait and see if the weather changes.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Noel

I have to get a move on to get ready for the Fourth.  We stay in and I make something - bar-b-que.  Your choices look good!  Have to be at home in the late afternoon as those who set off illegal fireworks frighten our pets and they come inside for protection.  Other animals stay on our porch or patio. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust