Honored Contributor

Re: What's Something You Really Resent Paying For?

My wine. 

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Right now, I would have to say dental bills.  Crowns and root canals especially!

@jubilant 

Ditto on the dental bills .... but first on my list  .... WATER.   

Esteemed Contributor

New tires for my car! LOL! But, if my tires need to be replaced, it's just part of the cost of owning a car. Same thing for most everything else. Some things you can choose not to pay for and do without, and other things it's just part of what we do to enjoy the benefits we have!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ 

Yes! They are!

Jersey girl here too! Born and raised! Not only do we have to pay school taxes whether we utilize the school or not but here in OUR WONDERFUL STATE, We pay the highest taxes in the country! (Everything in NJ is HIGH!) Still, I wouldn't live anywhere else! Smiley Happy

"Indeed, New Jersey residents pay the highest property tax bills in the country—a median of $8,432 as of the 2019 American Community Survey1. No other state comes close; second-place Connecticut's median real estate tax bill is $6,004, more than 25% lower than New Jersey's.Feb 15, 2021 NJfuture.org"

****Just a few things to love about New Jersey(The Garden State)

"New Jersey has the most diverse ecosystem of any state in the country with mountains, seashore, farmland, forests and wetlands. 89% of all high school students graduate in NJ. This is the highest graduation rate in the entire country. 71% of New Jerseyites own their own home; the average home in NJ costs $201,600.

And don't forget "The Boss", Sinatra, Jersey Shore, Bagels, Diners, Pork Roll, Jersey Fresh Produce, Diversity and close proximity to NY, DC and Philly! (Just to name a few!)onlyinyourstate.com" HeartSmiley LOL

Oh yeah and...Jersey Girls don't pump gas!Woman Very Happy

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Regular Contributor

Dentists, medication, underwear, car insurance, home repair bills.

Honored Contributor

I resent paying for excessive shipping costs for small, lightweight items.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@tipsy  Really?  I never heard that.  I might just test that theory out.  Now, if only they would make the vacuum and car wash stands free, too.  LOL

@SloopJohnB My husband told me that years ago.  Our gas station has the coin slot but when I have needed air I go in & ask them & they always turn it on.

I'm in CA, maybe the laws are different for other states.

Respected Contributor

When you go to a stadium or arena event and you are forced to pay $5 for a bottle of water.

Respected Contributor

@tipsy  Oh, ok.  Florida here, but we always have to pay now.....but years ago it was free.  Seems like one of the many things that they nickel and dime us now for. 

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

I don't like to pay shipping charges. Most retailers now offer free and fast shipping now. I'll shop around until I find what I find the best price and free shipping.