Respected Contributor

Re: What's Something You Really Resent Paying For?

@tototwo wrote:

@sandy53 --  Seriously?!?!?  you have to pay to get a cart at Aldi?  I didn't know that.

Another reason to never shop there.

It's actually genious of them. This way, people return their carts so  they can get their quarter back. They do it so there aren't carts scattered around the parking lot, unreturned.

The cart area is nice and organized.

Honored Contributor

@yamma024 wrote:

Putting a quarter in to get a cart at Aldi is NO big deal. When you return the cart to the rack you get your quarter back. It's a way to keep costs down and no carts left in the parking lot. They don't have to pay someone to collect carts.

@yamma024  Yes, that's a great way to keep costs down and also stopping carts from getting damaged. Quarter in, take your cart, return cart,quarter out.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Bonus" unemployment @ $300/week added on to weekly earned benefits??!! This bonus is again extended to September I think. It seems as if some are not looking for work because of this. I believe work searches are no longer required because of the pandemic. SMH

Our two young adult children both are essential employees & go to work, even overtime, without complaints.

Where are these "bonus" funds coming from?

Editing to add: No taxes due for up to $10,200 on Unemployment.  I don't understand how that works.  Will it go on 2021 tax filing? 

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I have always had an issue with how property taxes are done.  They mostly pay for the schools, and that is a very good thing.  But I always thought the rates should be partially based on how many kids you have in schools.  For example, I always thought it would be fair to have one rate if you have 0-1 kid, a higher rate if you have 2-4 kids, and a higher rate if you have more than 4 kids.  It seems fair.   

Just curious...Would you please explain how this would work and be fair if I  have 4 kids and make $50k and you have 1 kid and make $100k? 🤔

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Property taxes--would rather burn that $7000 Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

@sandy53 --  Seriously?!?!?  you have to pay to get a cart at Aldi?  I didn't know that.

Another reason to never shop there.

You put your quarter in and get your quarter back when you return the cart to the corral.  It's so they aren't left all over the parking lot for an employee to retrieve at some point during the day.

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@spent2much   How do you get around getting a dog license without a current rabies tag?  That is my dilemma with Willie.  He has an exemption from the vet because when he was given his one rabies shot, he had a terrible reaction.  He is titered regularly and he has immunization.  I had a holistic vet tell me that he was protected for life.  The memory cells don't forget.  It is a serious problem and is slow to be addressed.....if it ever will be.  Exemptions aren't recognized as an excuse for not vaccinating. Woman Sad

@tends2dogs  You cannot get a dog license without proof of a current rabies vaccination.  In my mind, that's not a problem.  {*_*}

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

@DrakesMomma  Best post!

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

While I realize that with inflation, just about everything goes up.  But if I had to say I resent paying for something, it would be things that you just took for granted were free once upon a time.

Some were already mentioned.....

Air (for tires, inflatibles, etc)

Water

Television shows (basic, even with antenna might not be able to view several channels)

Paper & plastic bags (at some stores, anyway)

Parking (where it used to be free, like at the beach)

Boxes (for clothing when you buy some at certain department stores)

Bank accounts (not only used to be free, but they would GIVE YOU something).

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Frequent Contributor

QVC's return shipping fees. I feel I am paying to try their clothing and products -- but especially the clothing because you can never be sure of the fit, even within the same line.