Honored Contributor

What's Something You Really Resent Paying For?

Right now, I would have to say dental bills.  Crowns and root canals especially!

Honored Contributor

Re: What's Something You Really Resent Paying For?

Other people's poor judgement.

Honored Contributor

Off hand I can't think of anything, I just wish everything cost a bit less.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Ice cream!!  It should be free for everyone. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

Oh yes, dental work like crowns and root canals are very expensive.  But so important to care for the teeth. We need them working well for a lot of years.

I don't like the cable and phone bills.  Too much!

Esteemed Contributor

Every year I resent paying those property taxes --- which usually go up. The government seems to penalize us for owning a home -- so they keep adding extras ---- as though they want us to struggle paying it. 
What do they do with all the money they collect (unfairly) ---- waste it; pay expenses that shouldn't be paid with the property taxes --- pocket it??????

It's like our money falls into a deep hole - never to be seen again.

Honored Contributor

I agree with the exorbitant prices for dental work -- crowns, root canals, implants.  

I don't like spending money on cars, although I want the newest safety features.  Insurance costs are painful.

There's so little TV that I truly enjoy and hate paying the cable bill. Husband wants his sports channels though.

Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant  Sales tax.  I live in a state without it, but I live on a state line where it is closer and easier to drive across the border and I pay sales tax there.  Other than that, I know that prices on everything will always be increasing.  Of course, I really dislike paying a high price for things that do not seem to be made very well.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Nothing.  I'm thankful to have money to pay my expenses, whatever they may be.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@Another new name Sue  Please add rising electric bills to that list!!  Up, Up, Up!!  Also, other utilities like water!