Respected Contributor

Re: What's Something You Really Resent Paying For?

@caroln242  Our Golden is now 8 years old.  About 4 years ago I learned about a vet, Dr. John Robb, who had risked everything to speak out about over vaccination.  He has a website, protectthepets dot com.  I also began seeing a lot about more natural veterinary medicine on facebook.  Long story short, I realized I was damaging my dog by giving her a lot of POISON in flea/tick and heartworm medication.  I also read about all the JUNK in most kibble.

So I had a simple blood test, called a titer, done on our Golden to check for immunity against rabies, distemper, adenovirus and parvovirus.  The titer test showed she was immune to all!  I also had her blood tested for heartworm and it was negative.  Why would I continue to pump her bloodstream full of poisons if she was already immune?

I'm fortunate because I live in CT; Dr. Robb practices in Newtown, CT - a bit of a ride for me, but well worth it.  I will have our Golden titer tested periodically to ensure that she is still immune to rabies, etc., but she will no longer receive vaccines that she doesn't need and could very well harm her.  I'm also an Administrator of the facebook group "Protect the Pets Connecticut."

If you are concerned about the poisons you are injecting into/giving your pet, P L E A S E  visit protectthepets dot com and get the education I wish I had 8 years ago.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Trusted Contributor

Healthy food.

If obesity is an epidemic in america, why in the world would people have to pay so much more for healthy or healthier food?  Makes no sense to me.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Respected Contributor

Water !

Honored Contributor

@lenapecci 

You're welcome!  There are several different places on line if you want to look first before deciding.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@spent2much   How do you get around getting a dog license without a current rabies tag?  That is my dilemma with Willie.  He has an exemption from the vet because when he was given his one rabies shot, he had a terrible reaction.  He is titered regularly and he has immunization.  I had a holistic vet tell me that he was protected for life.  The memory cells don't forget.  It is a serious problem and is slow to be addressed.....if it ever will be.  Exemptions aren't recognized as an excuse for not vaccinating. Woman Sad

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

Wheel bearings for my car followed by the state and local taxes that never lead to fixing the roads leading to the first problem. Now the city is getting a windfall of cash and they need a panel to figure out how to spend it. I just can't with these people.

Super Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

@caroln242  Our Golden is now 8 years old.  About 4 years ago I learned about a vet, Dr. John Robb, who had risked everything to speak out about over vaccination.  He has a website, protectthepets dot com.  I also began seeing a lot about more natural veterinary medicine on facebook.  Long story short, I realized I was damaging my dog by giving her a lot of POISON in flea/tick and heartworm medication.  I also read about all the JUNK in most kibble.

So I had a simple blood test, called a titer, done on our Golden to check for immunity against rabies, distemper, adenovirus and parvovirus.  The titer test showed she was immune to all!  I also had her blood tested for heartworm and it was negative.  Why would I continue to pump her bloodstream full of poisons if she was already immune?

I'm fortunate because I live in CT; Dr. Robb practices in Newtown, CT - a bit of a ride for me, but well worth it.  I will have our Golden titer tested periodically to ensure that she is still immune to rabies, etc., but she will no longer receive vaccines that she doesn't need and could very well harm her.  I'm also an Administrator of the facebook group "Protect the Pets Connecticut."

If you are concerned about the poisons you are injecting into/giving your pet, P L E A S E  visit protectthepets dot com and get the education I wish I had 8 years ago.

I went to the Protect The Pets site you mentioned and found it encouraging.  I have read about the vets trying to "reform", so to speak, the immunization system and really hope more and more vets go in that direction.  I don't know if the legal system will ever catch up to the rabies immune certifcate idea though.  Or if the boarding kennels will accept titer reports in lieu of actual vaccinations.  It's going to be a long, rough road.  But considering the dog food companies are at least trying to come up with healthier products, maybe others are beginning to see the harm we are doing to our pets and force the hand of the drug companies and vets that are making so much money off all these vaccinations.  There may light at the end of the tunnel!

Man plans. God laughs.
Esteemed Contributor

@sandy53 --  Seriously?!?!?  you have to pay to get a cart at Aldi?  I didn't know that.

Another reason to never shop there.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Putting a quarter in to get a cart at Aldi is NO big deal. When you return the cart to the rack you get your quarter back. It's a way to keep costs down and no carts left in the parking lot. They don't have to pay someone to collect carts.

Valued Contributor

Gas for the car when I have to go to my mother-in-law's. Smiley Wink