Honored Contributor

Re: What's On Your Thanksgiving Menu?

I'll get one of the whole foods smaller turkeys, as I have in the past when we're a small group.  I'll make stuffing, mashed potatoes, and a brussel sprouts dish.  My daughter and her boyfriend will make an apple pie and a sweet potato casserole.  

I'll  make another dessert....probably a pumpkin cake roll.  

Esteemed Contributor

I haven’t decided on menu but I do cook a lot and bake for 3. I fix all the casseroles and boil the sweet potatoes, make the stuffing and 2 desserts on Wednesday. On Thursday I do the turkey, when done transfer him to roaster on warm then I do a small ham and transfer it to medium size crock pot on warm. Then I start baking casseroles and make mash potatoes and gravy. I wash dishes as I cook and bake so clean up is easy. After we eat, we watch Home Alone and get ready for Friday to decorate for Christmas. 

Respected Contributor

Turkey

Ham

Cornbread & sausage stufffing

Mashed potatoes 

Green bean casserole or yellow squash casserole

Baby carrots w/ sautéed onions

Corn (for the kids)

Dinner rolls (for the guys & kids - love their bread!)

Turkey gravy

Pumpkin pie/whipped cream

Apple pie/ ice cream

🦃OK! I am now craving a good Thanksgiving feast once again!🦃

-Texas Hill Country-
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@tishkins wrote:

I am hosting this year. The menus is home made chicken soup, turkey, stuffing,stuffed artichokes,roasted vegetables(buttertnutsquash potatoes,carrots and mushrooms). Home made pies.I do some preparing in advance.  Happy thanksgiving.

@tishkins,May I ask how you do your stuffed artichokes please?  Many thanks!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I go out Thanksgiving because my adult kids (from first marriage) and grandkids go to my kids dads family. 

We go to a place where its 12 dollars each for soup, salad, bread, turkey, 2 sides and a slice of pie. Great deal and its so much food that we take part of the entree home. We also go to the movies that day. I love it, no cooking! lol. 

PS We have Christmas Eve and we serve Italian food and desserts because Christmas day we go the inlaws and my kids go their dads w grandkids where we all eat a ham dinner. Easy peasy!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Super Contributor

We have two Thanksgivings. The first happens on Veteran's Day weekend, because that's when my nephew and his wife can come. That will involve the traditional turkey and all the sides (I love my Mom's dressing! it's the best thing about dinner and I would be happy with just that lol).

On the real Thanksgiving day we'll be out in the country (rural farmland) and will eat hot dogs cooked over a fire. We'll get in late that afternoon and the evening meal will most likely be ham and potato salad (cooked ahead of time). We're so tired after playing in the woods all day no one feels like a lot of heavy prep. It's always one of the best weekends though. Smiley Happy

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Honored Contributor

My family expects the basics of turkey, dressing, gravy and cranberry sauce, period.   Anything else is just stuff and may, or may not be touched.   

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I'm cooking, but not sure of the head count of guests yet, so I'm just mulling it over for now.    

That made me laugh.  I don't know about for here yet either, but a head count made me picture a herd of cattle.  It's not that far off is it? LOL

Honored Contributor

Love your energy and organization!!  @qvcfreak

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Plaid Pants2  Traditional Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixens....but vegan.