Respected Contributor
Hugs to (((blue skies))) I am so sorry to hear that happened to you. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

Since I retired, I carry smaller handbags with just essentials: drivers license, debit card, one credit card, phone, a pen, comb, chapstick, gum, glucose tablets, crackers or a granola bar, keys, and hand sanitizer.

Respected Contributor

(((((((((((Blueskies)))))) I am so sorry that happened to you. It takes awhile to get over the horrible feeling of being violated. I still to this day remember how awful it felt...twenty years later.

I hope you are able to replace everything without too much work. And once again, I am so sorry...

Regular Contributor
On 3/8/2015 Alley Catvocate said:

((( Blueskies))) sorry to read...

Thank you, emt, pqfan and softraindrops. I'm trying to get my mind off from it but

I need to call so many places etc.. Then when I get new cards, I need to change all my auto pays.

Respected Contributor
On 3/8/2015 Blueskies2 said:

Thank you, emt, pqfan and softraindrops. I'm trying to get my mind off from it but

I need to call so many places etc.. Then when I get new cards, I need to change all my auto pays.

One suggestion.....you might want to alert the 3 credit bureaus. That way no one can open new cards with your name and ID.They can put a notation on your reports.

Best of luck and hope things go smoothly for you. Take care!

Regular Contributor
On 3/8/2015 SoftRaindrops said:
On 3/8/2015 Blueskies2 said:

One suggestion.....you might want to alert the 3 credit bureaus. That way no one can open new cards with your name and ID.They can put a notation on your reports.

Best of luck and hope things go smoothly for you. Take care!

Thank you....that's the first thing I did but I'm such a sorry case that I might have forgotten

so I appreciate the reminder.

Honored Contributor

I don't know! I'm afraid to go in there. I found 4 pair of glasses and dog treats the last time I went in. {#emotions_dlg.blink} I think there is a checkbook and probably mail still in there. Maybe some lipstick, flashlight and phone charger.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor
On 3/8/2015 brewhaha said:

a joint

LOL !!!

Super Contributor

The better question would be what's NOT in my purse. I usually carry a D&B Logo Lock and it literally holds just about everything. In my class my friends would tease me that I had everything for an emergency and call me "mom", which is funny since I don't have kids. If they needed a bandaid, cough drops, a nail file, gum or tissues...I had it. I try to carry a minimum of stuff though because it gets too heavy. Usually just my wallet, a small daytimer, tiny change purse with jolly ranchers or other hard candy, a comb, lipgloss/lip liner, and hand lotion. Then I put my sunglasses and water bottle in there to transport. Various things end up getting put in there depending on the day, but it's nice to know I can carry a lot if I need to, it's like a small luggage tote. Of course, whatever I happen to need always disappears to the far most realms of my bag. It's like the Bermuda triangle of purses. Smile

Super Contributor
On 3/8/2015 Preds said:

I don't know! I'm afraid to go in there. I found 4 pair of glasses and dog treats the last time I went in. {#emotions_dlg.blink} I think there is a checkbook and probably mail still in there. Maybe some lipstick, flashlight and phone charger.

Haha Smile I know what you mean!!! Hi Preds, long time no see. Next time you need to venture into your handbag, let a friend know how long you will be gone so they can send a search party if you don't return. Or just tie a safety rope around your waist. Wink