Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've always gotten an invoice in everything I've ordeted.  On the new labels attached to boxes, they are part of the label and must be peeled off, not the easiest thing to see and do but it's there.

@Kachina624 @BH2008 

Ive always had an invoice included with my order, and a return label too.

You can even print them:

Click ORDER STATUS, and then where it sways VIEW ORDER of the item---and there's  printer icon at the top of the page to print the order summary....

And for the RETURN LABEL........Go to ORDER STATUS, VIEW ORDER DETAIL, near the bottom  ...RETURN OPTIONS--Complete the Form--click CONTINUE and PRINT....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

QVC's Customer Service has always been very professional and helpful---

The only time I had a problem was when I didnt get a small decorative rug I ordered and I called QVC and they said the rug had been damaged in shipment, yet no one contacted me, nor did they credit my account nor send out a replacement....I had to investigate on my own and requested a refund...Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: What's Happened to QVC

[ Edited ]

@BH2008 

QVC projects two different faces, the one we see on-air and the one we see through customer service.  The on-air image, the visuals, graphics, hosts' friendliness, sets, etc is well done, warm, and easy on the eyes.  It's a "Come on in, so happy to see you, make yourself comfortable, can I get you something to drink."  

I expected the CS dept to project the same warm image, but from my experience it's indifferent, managed rather poorly, despite I've had a few agents who handled my calls as they should have been and a few who were incompetent, rude, and should have been fired.  But, even those who handled my call properly were not friendly.  It left me with the impression the entire company is managed this way.  "I'll handle this call because I have to, but I'd rather not deal with customers."

It was surprising at first to see the dissimilarities and I wonder how many also are surprised when they see conflicting images. 

I came to the conclusion after contacting CS the first time a few years ago, and decided as with many TV programs, I wasn't seeing reality on-air.  This is a movie set, set up to create a visual image choreographed by producers, set decorators, graphic artists, and sales trainers obviously to get us to buy.  This isn't who the real QVC is.  

Could any company be this customer friendly and warm as projected during their on-air presentations?  From experience, I can say yes.  

There's Walmart, their customer service department clearly demonstrates this company cares about its customers.  They bend over backwards to make customers happy.  They know repeat customers are why they are an over $500 billion company.

QVC has a Social Team...an excellent example of how CS reps should handle customers, but they are few in number and most buyers don't know about them. 

What a difference my experiences with customer service departments with Amazon, Zulily, and two banks were today.  Defective product from Amazon.  Broken item from Zulily.  Apologies galore.  Even an Amazon survey that followed asking specifically about the CS reps performance.  

I agree, QVC often appears as if it doesn't know what it's doing, but as far as Walmart, it's sad Walmart bashing has become fashionable, but there's no comparison.  

Valued Contributor

As we like to say, this is just my opinion - BUT in my opinion  this much rage from a first time poster is suspect - 

I have been with QVC since the begining and if I had a problem, a call to Customer Service took care of it - once in a while, maybe two calls - 

I've been angry with our local utilities from time to time, but don't think I ever got this worked up - very unhealthy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee 

I agree with what you say about QVC....its more like a "staged performance" another "sales gimmick" making the viewer think that they are "family"....but I dont fall for that stuff.....in reality they are just sales people using techniques to bring in the sales...and viewers are not really viewed as "family".....more like the hosts are REQUIRED to interact on social media and be friendly and nice on their facebook pages to continue the illusion QVC is trying to create....

But I have to disagree with you about Walmart.... when I ordered online my merchandise wasnt even packed well, they just threw it in a box and sent it off....of course it arrived broken and I had to deal with a return and a refund.....

Also, the store nearest to me the employees are all very RUDE....those that work "the floor" and the cashiers....I could tell you stories that would curl your hair....I only shop at Walmart as a very last resort.... (I can understand the "walmart bashing"....they bring it on themselves in the case of this store).....

And I've had several bad experiences with Amazon regarding poor quality products not as described and poor customer service which led to 3 strikes and they are OUT as a retail option with me....

As far as customer friendly and warm, I find the Target employees to be friendly and helpful....even if you're just browsing they will ask if there's anything they can help you find or do for you........I like that..... I ordered online from them as well and everything was delivered fast and packed well...

And I complimented my bank and told them that they are one of the VERY FEW that still cares about their customers and gives EXCELLENT customer service!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
I have had very few reasons to contact CS at QVC over the years. Each time was helpful and exceeded my expectations. I order so few things now I never need to call. Prices have soared so much the value is just not there for me now unless it is a free shipping promo or a clearance item. I miss not purchasing clothing, but can’t justify the cost when the sizing is so unreliable now and they make returning things so expensive.
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

I somewhat agree with you on Walmart and experienced a few poorly packed boxes with damaged items inside; however, I've been ordering for over 10 years, usually place several orders a month and incidents have been few.

It's the customer service when I called that impressed me.  Replacements were received the next day if shipping wasn't over a weekend.  No questions asked, no returns of the damaged items.  No implying I was a crook.  CS reps were always pleasant and friendly.  

On one of their followup surveys, I gave a low rating because of the poor packing.  Was called 4 hours later at 9 pm by a CS agent to find out what went wrong.  She tracked the fulfillment center the order was sent and contacted them about the problem.  Very apologetic and gave me a $25 discount code.  

QVC never treated me so well, not that I expect a discount, but this company just doesn't seem to care if customers are unhappy. This multi-billion dollar company doesn't even send us followup surveys to see if there are areas that need improvement.  Some unhappy customers eventually find their way here after contacting the CS dept. Usually they are up to here with disgust.   

As for Walmart stores, I've been in quite a few.  Some are excellent, others I'd never return.  Depending on where they are located, I think it's difficult getting good qualified managers.  It's location, location, location.  That's no excuse.  I'd report every one of the bad managers, but headquarters should be keeping an eye on all the stores. 

I also agree employees in some of the stores are not friendly.  I think every manager is responsible for the store's culture.  Employees are not happy working under a bad manager.  There's high turnover.

I'm well aware of the complaints against Walmart over the years.  Mostly about paying low wages, no benefits, only hiring part timers and dirty stores.  Addressed the dirty stores, but Walmart serves millions of low income shoppers. 

Walmart initially started out as only hiring part timers, housewives wanting to make extra money, students, so they could keep prices down.  They caved to the protestors' demands and now their prices are higher than I expected to see them. Protestors didn't seem to care about low income families that are much higher in number than the number of employees. 

So, that's how I see Walmart.  It's far from perfect, it has problems, but at least it tries to find out what they are and in many cases does something about them.  

I like your description of QVC's on-air presentations.  An illusion.  QVC TV isn't what we get.  

Valued Contributor

I order a lot from Qvc.Every single item has an invoice.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee 

QVC seldom sends out surveys to find out  "how are we doing, customers"......  I did get a couple surveys from completing the FEEDBACK FORM, but like I said on my survey response---it was just a canned reply and nothing more. ...I DO think they gather feedback from these Forums rather than using surveys...JMHO.

But as for the Walmart nearest me...its in a nice part of town....you can tell by the cars in the parking lot and customers in the store.....and you are absolutely right, THE STORE MANAGER MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE....if the Manager doesnt give a darn and doesnt care about the store appearance nor employee conduct nothing is going to change!!! I completed online forms telling the powers that be about the store and its employees, and no email, no call, no response at all...thats how much they care....

Our grocery store had a promotion and was urging shoppers to complete surveys to let them know how they are doing---I even got a call from my survey regarding some products/brands  I'd like see, and some comments I made on good and bad customer service ....at least they care!!!

There's a Marshalls located across the highway from the Walmart and that store used to be an absolute disaster--- merchandise thrown all over the place, the store was dirty and unorganized....well they got a new Manager and the store is now WONDERFUL---the store is clean, and organized, products nicely displayed.   And the cashier told me it was because of the new Manager....And its up to the Manager to motivate the employess to take pride in their job....too many employees now-a-days just do the bare minimum and put in their time ----that's all....But in order for the store to stay in business it is dependent on their job performance...they have to care! 

I had a relative that had a career in retail, and she moved up the ladder ...she worked from Departments to Store Manager, to District Manager....She put in LONG LONG HOURS....I dont think some of the people want to put in the hard work required to have a good store with good employees... 

Honored Contributor

Grew to fast ?