Respected Contributor

Re: What's For Dinner On This Sunday Evening????

Sundays are usually "no cook" days for us. We have breakfast after the 8 AM church service and then for a mid-afternoon dinner around 3 PM. Today we had delicious Chinese dinner at a favorite place nearby. Ample servings mean left overs back home for tomorrow. Yum .

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

ShowMe,

I did a pot of chili.  We've had so much rain for nearly three days, along with chilly temps, that I decided on that. 

What I wanted to go along with it was some crusty bread, but I do not have any.  Instead, I had some multi-grain bread with Spanish cheese that I have only recently begun eating.

@golding76......Yes, chili is always good on a rainy day.  Your weather sounds like what we just had.  Thank goodness the sun came out today and it made it up to about 56.  Simply beautiful.....  Did manage to get to go out to get my hair cut.  She must have cut off about 4".  Had been a while since I last had it done.  Really turned out cute.  

By the way, I have one of those skillets that you can grill on.  It does a pretty good job......  You could do one side, then turn it over and put the cheese on the side you first grilled.  That is what I do sometimes with my Kraft American when I want a fast grilled cheese.  

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

Microwave popcorn. 

But I had grilled chicken, rice and broccoli at O’Charleys for lunch. 

@gidgetgh.....I love eating there.....Really like their fried cod....  Delicious.  Did you know that every Wednesday is a FREE  slice of pie????  Their pies are fantastic....and they really do give you a full slice.....I usually bring mine home to have later.  

@ShowMe- we go quite a bit for free pie Wednesday. Pie isn’t a favorite for me, but we always get the two free slices and bring them home so my husband can eat them. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

As todays was Sunday, I prepared Lamb stew with patsa, we call it in Greece Giouvetsi.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Just got back from Outback Steakhouse.DH & I had yummy surf & turf & a glass of wine 🍷!!

@NicksmomESQ......they do have delicious food.  Haven't been there for a while though.  

Honored Contributor

Sounds like no one is going hungry this evening.

Now, I'm getting hungry and need to go fix my nachos.  Will return once I've finished making it.....  May even eat while posting.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tacos with homemade pinto beans, rice, chopped tomato, salsa, chopped avo, chopped iceberg lettuce, vegan ranch on top.... messy but yum!

Respected Contributor

Tuns salad in rolls with potato chips. A drumstick for desert. Didn’t need one but I can’t resist. Wrapped presents all afternoon with DH. Now watching the Patriots.

Honored Contributor

ShowMe,

Your weather sounds like what is supposed to come our way tomorrow (and the remainder of the week).

Isn't it amazing how a new hairdo can lift one's spirit?  I'm due but haven't fit in a cut yet.

The grilling pan sounds like a desirable item.

Regular Contributor

Ham Loaf, mac & cheese, beans and cole slaw.