Honored Contributor

Re: What's Everyone Doing Today if You're Home?

I’m home from my pedi appt and filling my gas tank.   Put potatoes in to bake before I left, seared the steaks as soon as I got back, so we could eat.   Checking the mail, and taking it easy while I wait for the 5:00 news.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did an hour on the exercise bike. 

I made spaghetti sauce and sausage for my husband's dinner. 

I cleaned and vacuumed the bathrooms, family room and dining room.

Washed and ironed the bedroom curtains.

Had a manicure

Honored Contributor

Recouperating from a bout of IBS last night.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been losing my religion for 4 hours now Woman LOL  A skunk came by roughly 4 hours ago and sprayed somewhere in front of the house.  The odor seeped in and I've been trying to air the house out with open windows on the back of the house.  In the interim I went grocery shopping and kept smelling my leather bag and jacket that I was wearing because I was convinced I smelled like a skunk.  I think the odor is just up my nose big time and it's got me gaggin.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple

Hi! Stressful times with my mother’s failing health. I was with her yesterday but am home today. My husband is watching TV in his den and I am in the sunny living room, looking at the lake and enjoying our cats, two of which have me pinned down at the moment! The cats bring me back to joy in the moment and help me fend off the constant worry and grief. Diversion: per other posts, I just ordered the upcoming Dooney tsv, which is the exact bag I was planning to buy from Dooney direct. Important? No. But I will take any little moments of fun that I can get right now. I’m grateful for the day. Maybe I am learning to cope a bit? Better late than never!

Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple

Great thread!

I am getting tired just reading what you all are doing. I think I’ll take a nap.😊

I have been watching news and drinking coffee.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hippiified

As I sit here, I have been drinking coffee and watching a mix of news all day, while petting cats, relaxing, and waiting for dough to rise for the apple bread I will bake shortly.

Respected Contributor

@libbyannE  Ooo, yum.  Now I’m hungry!

Trusted Contributor

Watching the news and looking at things on the computer.  Man Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Listening to Jane Greene audio tape after work. Washing machine singing. Had a discussion with husband this morning about retiring six months earlier than anticipated - new date, June 2019. I just may do it. Changes at work and really thinking about it. Campus is doing 'more with less' regarding staff and faculty while administration areceived big raises (on top of annual raises.) Having a new plan helps me stay cooooool and separate from the krazy.        

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau