Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's Everyone Doing Today if You're Home?

I hurt my back cleaning yesterday.So I’m resting today watching the news.Right now ice & advil are my friends!!

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@bathina wrote:

Making a bolognese sauce in the crock pot, monkey bread in the oven. Glued to the tv, made a couple of donations and confirmed my shifts for the phone bank. Will be taking the dog for a walk as soon as the monkey bread is ready. And of course, reading here!

@bathina

I am coming by with a plate of pasta for a handout of your Bolognese

Come on over! We're having it with cheese ravioli and a nice cabernet. About 6:00.

Esteemed Contributor

Today I organized all my shoes, boots, sneakers and slippers. Got rid of a few. Have

my winter boots all ready to go for the cold. Then took the dog for a 30 minute walk

and bundled up wilth hat and gloves. Going to organize all that in the next day or so.

Watched some t.v., had some lunch and soon off to an appointment. 

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ

Poor thing!Heart

I hope your back is better soon!

You have the right idea, take it easy today!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@bathina wrote:

Making a bolognese sauce in the crock pot, monkey bread in the oven. Glued to the tv, made a couple of donations and confirmed my shifts for the phone bank. Will be taking the dog for a walk as soon as the monkey bread is ready. And of course, reading here!

@bathina

Come on over! We're having it with cheese ravioli and a nice cabernet. About 6:00.

I may need an extra glass of the cabernet.

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@bathina

I may need an extra glass of the cabernet.

No worries. I'm packin'. Just bring yourself and we'll solve all the world's problems Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Finishing a quilt for one of my grands for Christmas - 

Respected Contributor

Doing what I usually do,  fed my 2 cats, cleaned the litter box 3 times, vacuumed the floors in the laundry room where the litter box is located, washed the kitchen floor where the cats are fed.  Then saw streaks on my bedroom mirror, cleaned that.  Sent out some messages, posted here.  

I need a nap!  😴

Respected Contributor

Waiting for the plummer to come to fix (I hope) the hot water heater but got a feeling I will need a new one. Last week we got the a/c check up and that cost more money than I thought now the water heater decided to act up. 

Honored Contributor

@DrakesMomma wrote:

I am home.  I am empty.  My heart hurts.  My nephew, my favorite nephew, died two weeks ago.  His mom, my sister, is being horrible.  I missed the memo 40 years ago when he was born that she was the only one allowed to love him. 

She is telling SO many lies about her relationship with him.  According to her their relationship was all rainbows and unicorns.  It was nowhere near that.  In the last four years, she only spoke to him for about a total of 10 minutes.  And that was because he stopped by her house to get my phone number. 

It was just a few weeks ago he said "my mom abused me".  I was driving and couldn't see his face.  I just reached for his hand and held it.  It was nothing I could object to...she did.  But I am just seven years older than he was.  I couldn't stop it.  I just tried his entire life to let him know how special he was and how I loved him just cause he was my nephew.

My sister lost SO much.  My nephew's a cool dude.  I'm gonna miss him crazy.     

@DrakesMomma  So sorry for your loss and your feelings of emptiness today and until you can accept this tragedy. 💕