Honored Contributor

Re: What's Everyone Doing Today if You're Home?

Just got home from working since 5:30 this morning and am sitting down for lunch, watching the news.

Oy.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Answering phone calls from voters needing a ride to the polls next month.  I drive the church minibus to provide transport.  

@deepwaterdotter

Good job!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Making a bolognese sauce in the crock pot, monkey bread in the oven. Glued to the tv, made a couple of donations and confirmed my shifts for the phone bank. Will be taking the dog for a walk as soon as the monkey bread is ready. And of course, reading here!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am home.  I am empty.  My heart hurts.  My nephew, my favorite nephew, died two weeks ago.  His mom, my sister, is being horrible.  I missed the memo 40 years ago when he was born that she was the only one allowed to love him. 

She is telling SO many lies about her relationship with him.  According to her their relationship was all rainbows and unicorns.  It was nowhere near that.  In the last four years, she only spoke to him for about a total of 10 minutes.  And that was because he stopped by her house to get my phone number. 

It was just a few weeks ago he said "my mom abused me".  I was driving and couldn't see his face.  I just reached for his hand and held it.  It was nothing I could object to...she did.  But I am just seven years older than he was.  I couldn't stop it.  I just tried his entire life to let him know how special he was and how I loved him just cause he was my nephew.

My sister lost SO much.  My nephew's a cool dude.  I'm gonna miss him crazy.     

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple

Please add pork fried rice to your order.  My $$$ is in the mail.  Thanks in advance.

Went grocery shopping & forgot to pick up my deli shrimp hogie. Mad As Hell.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have cleaned out the pantry.  Next up is the laundry room.  I also plan to get a donation of crafting supplies ready to drop off.  I have the news on in the background.

Later, I plan on reading or watching a few more episodes of House of Cards.  Or maybe I will just take a nap with the dog.

My favorite independent Chinese restaurant was knocked down for another humongous apartment building.  

Honored Contributor

@DrakesMomma  I am so sorry for your loss.  Forty is so young and you had a special relationship with him.  What a blessing that you were able to let him know he was loved.  I know that doesn't lessen your sense of loss.  Much love.

Respected Contributor

Right now, glued to news.

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

Making a bolognese sauce in the crock pot, monkey bread in the oven. Glued to the tv, made a couple of donations and confirmed my shifts for the phone bank. Will be taking the dog for a walk as soon as the monkey bread is ready. And of course, reading here!

@bathina

I am coming by with a plate of pasta for a handout of your Bolognese

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@JaneMarple

Please add pork fried rice to your order.  My $$$ is in the mail.  Thanks in advance.

Went grocery shopping & forgot to pick up my deli shrimp hogie. Mad As Hell.gif

@Mz iMac @JaneMarple

Make mine shrimp fried rice, I'm a seafood girl!

We had King crab legs for DD's b'day last week.....YUMMMMM!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.