Respected Contributor

Re: What's Everyone Doing Today if You're Home?

[ Edited ]

@riley1 wrote:

@Mersha - Can you try the bitter apple spray and see if that curtails the chewing? Or, those kong toys that you hide treats in?

@riley1

...thanks so much for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, I  have tried every spray on the market for dog chewing and she goes right through it to chew.

We have kong toys and bully sticks for her and she walks past them to chew rugs/pillows/furniture. 

I am totally frustrated at this point.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Walk 4 to 5 miles each day. You'd think it would help with weight loss.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha - How much excercise is she getting during the day? Maybe she needs say two to three sessions (say 1/2 hr ea) during the day?

Boy, its hard to go through this - 

Respected Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@Mersha - How much excercise is she getting during the day? Maybe she needs say two to three sessions (say 1/2 hr ea) during the day?

Boy, its hard to go through this - 

@riley1.....she gets lots of activity throughout the day.  I have another dog with a large, fenced yard that she plays with.

In addition, she gets to the park for long walks once or twice a day, not to mention LOTS of time of playing catch.

The strange thing is that she does the chewing ONLY when we are home.  If we go out and leave her uncrated, she does not do it.

Go figure!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha - Oh boy, you have your hands full! 

Respected Contributor

Took a two-hour nap this afternoon.