Valued Contributor

Re: What "popular" phrases drive you nuts?

I hate when people ask and answer their own questions. "Should I have said that? Probably not". "Would I say it again? Yes, but phrased in a different way." And so on.......

Honored Contributor

Absolutely! (for everything!)

"Life is good"-(I knew a girl who used to say that all the time and really.. it wasn't for her)

Enjoy!-everyone seems to add that now and I just think, I will if I want to but don't tell me what to do lol! (I've always been kind of rebellious if someone tells me what to doWoman LOL) I know it's just meant to be nice but again, an over used phrase.

And I apologize to those who use them-just my own idiosyncrasies.

While I'm typing this that stupid commercial is on again with the woman thanking them for life alert and fake crying!! Okay I'm in a crabby moodWoman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

"That's so money!" Yuck

Respected Contributor

I don't like the word 'gift' used as a verb.  I'm going to 'gift' my sister a bracelet.

Honored Contributor

on the bay wrote:

Absolutely! (for everything!)

"Life is good"-(I knew a girl who used to say that all the time and really.. it wasn't for her)

Enjoy!-everyone seems to add that now and I just think, I will if I want to but don't tell me what to do lol! (I've always been kind of rebellious if someone tells me what to doWoman LOL) I know it's just meant to be nice but again, an over used phrase.

And I apologize to those who use them-just my own idiosyncrasies.

While I'm typing this that stupid commercial is on again with the woman thanking them for life alert and fake crying!! Okay I'm in a crabby moodWoman LOL

Your post reminded me of the people who practically yell 'SMILE!' at you.

I'm a thinker so probably, if I'm not in a situation where I am focusing my attention on somebody else, I'm figuring something out in my head.

Because of this, maybe there's a RBF type thing going on - I don't know and I don't think it should matter.  If I were like that when I'm in a conversation with somebody, that's another matter entirely, but I'm not.

Then, somebody walks by and goes 'SMILE!'.   Yeah, all yelly like that.  It is so irrirating and totally rude.   My reaction to that kind of rudeness is definitely NOT anything like a smile!  Smiley Tongue

Regular Contributor

These are selling out fast so get on the line!

Respected Contributor

easy-peasy,  easy-breezy.  please, no more!

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt-

lol-"all yelly!"- I know what you mean.

And with her it was kind of a smug bragging or just meaningless because life isn't "all good". I sound like an awful grinch but I'm not I just don't like when phrases become said so often they mean nothing.It was like she really didn't want to talk about anything with anyone so she said this all the time.

Its like when someone tells you to "CALM DOWN!" almost yelling at you and before that you were calmWoman Frustrated

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

on the bay wrote:

@chickenbutt-

lol-"all yelly!"- I know what you mean.

And with her it was kind of a smug bragging or just meaningless because life isn't "all good". I sound like an awful grinch but I'm not I just don't like when phrases become said so often they mean nothing.It was like she really didn't want to talk about anything with anyone so she said this all the time.

Its like when someone tells you to "CALM DOWN!" almost yelling at you and before that you were calmWoman Frustrated

Oh my goodness!  Get out of my head.  Smiley Wink  

(bolded by me) I can't tell you how many times I've said that AND, multiply that by about a million and that's how many times I have thought that.   I really don't say it, out loud, much because it's usually met with a blank 'huh?' kind of look.  

Yeah, the 'calm down' people make me angry even if I was calm before.  Just shut it.  heh

I'm big on 'say what you mean, and mean what you say'.   Furthermore, use your own words not some idiotic cliche.   ugh

I know somebody who constantly says 'it will be ok' when they don't know if it will be ok at all!  Why say that?  It means absolutely nothing.  

Yikes, ya got me started!  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

wait for it.    that really irritates me.