Honored Contributor

Re: What "popular" phrases drive you nuts?

Where's the dog?

Who you calling?

In the grocery cart:  What you getting that for?

Question upon question.  I'm very tired of questions.  I'm guessing, it may be an age thing, but I don't have a clue.

Honored Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

snowflake...i am so sick of hearing that word.

I hear that, and I only have one idea what it means.  I'm probably right, but don't really want to know.  I've heard that only twice I think.

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

"I seen that."

"Hot mess"

"On point" or "on fleek"

Saying that something is "goals," like, "her look is goals."

Overuse of the word "literally."

"Legit."  As in, "she legit told me to leave."

I've never hear these ones before. 

Valued Contributor

I read all 22 pages, the following was a no show.

I was born at night,but not last night.(Someone trying to take advantage of you, or fool you.

When donkeys fly( Not going to happen)

Is fat meat greasy( Someone trying to get you to believe something)

I notice I seldom if at all here these phases, except for me saying it to some else. Did I make these phases up  myself? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"What, WHAT"...the new shock and awe expression used by many hosts now...I can't stand it!

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

"What, WHAT"...the new shock and all expression used by many hosts now...I can't stand it!

@Susan Louise  Usually followed by "It's CRAZY!"

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

"What, WHAT"...the new shock and awe expression used by many hosts now...I can't stand it!

@Susan Louise  Usually followed by "It's CRAZY!"

@Cakers3  I just find it to be so juvenile...something that would be expressed between kids at school...like back in my day...'groovy'...

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

snowflake...i am so sick of hearing that word.

I hear that, and I only have one idea what it means.  I'm probably right, but don't really want to know.  I've heard that only twice I think.

You must not know based on how you responded. It just means someone who is fragile, delicate, easy to offend..you get the idea. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze, thank you.  I was way wrong. It helps to know. New words get added to our speech so quickly now, I don't seem to keep up.  I just didn't think it was complimentary in the two times I heard it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

At the end of the day

Everything happens for a reason

Taters ( I hate that so much) 

Oh I was listening to QVC a while ago and noticed the words fabrication and coloration. When they were using the word fabrication they were using it in the sentence as they would the word fabric and color. It didn't make sense. Fabrication is the process of fabricating or manufacturing or something; an untruthful statement. The word coloration was used in place of the word color. My mother was a seamstress and I grew up with so many women who worked either as home seamstresses or seamstresses in a professional career and I have never heard them use those terms. One of my good friends started off working as a textile fabric sales rep and is now a buyer for Chanel. I asked her about it and she said I don't think I have heard it said like that.  It is inconsequential and I don't know why it bugs me, but it does. I will live though!Smiley Very Happy

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK