Regular Contributor

Re: What quality or qualities makes your best friend, your best friend?

Apart from my husband who IS my best friend, I have females in my life whom are also best friends.

Number one trait in my best friends is, loyalty, loyal to a fault! Loyalty is key. If it came down to it, one would lie while the other one swears to it. I know they have my back, no matter what!! They love me and accept me for me, for who I am, they accept ALL of my faults!! They do not judge. We are all honest...even if that means telling someone their butt doesn't look good in that particular cut of jean!{#emotions_dlg.devil2} Being there for each other every step of the way through thick & thin. Being involved in your memories. Being part of milestones. Respect. Love. Being able to share intimate details which will go no where!!!! True caring. Trust so deep you trust them with your child or grandchild's life!! Never, ever saying a mean, bitter or hurtful word. They are in your life for YOU not what you are or what you have.

Jerz

Super Contributor

On 5/21/2014 AnikaBrodie said:

Compatibility, compassion, complete honesty and unconditional love.

That works for me!

Respected Contributor

CHICKENBUTT: You echo my experiences so well!!!! At almost 70, I need for nothing and have a truly wonderful DH. The last "best friend" was so self-centered and demeaning to her husband, that I was relieved when she no longer called me ( she usually called almost ever day, M - F. When I described what had happened ( nothing ) to a close friend, she commented how high maintenance the former friend was. I never realized how much she was taking. If I subconsciously did, it was because I knew she needed my presence on the phone or for coffee. Now that I think about it, she had way too many rules, all for seemingly good reasons. What a RELIEF!!!!! Thanks OP for the thread!
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill