Esteemed Contributor

Re: What piece of jewelry do you wear most often?

Just a suggestion to those of you who are retired and no longer wear jewelry on a daily basis. My best friend's mother, who is responsible for getting me into jewelry design, told me that each day she gets up she puts on attractive clothes and always wears jewelry because it makes her feel good and that life is full of beauty. She felt she owed it to herself to be what she called "fully dressed" and ready for someone to drop by to visit on a moment's notice. Her clothes had to be comfortable, but attractive.

Respected Contributor

My Imperial Gold white and yellow gold bracelet I bought almost 20 years ago. I get still get lots of compliments when I wear it. 

And my tanzanite and white gold ring that's also 20 years old.

Regular Contributor

Earrings, of any kind; I'd feel naked without them. I'd like to wear rings and bracelets too but my hands and arms are pretty banged up because of a medical issue.

The earrings I like most is anything my husband has given me, especially if I'm having an "off" day; really lifts my spirits.

Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Just a suggestion to those of you who are retired and no longer wear jewelry on a daily basis. My best friend's mother, who is responsible for getting me into jewelry design, told me that each day she gets up she puts on attractive clothes and always wears jewelry because it makes her feel good and that life is full of beauty. She felt she owed it to herself to be what she called "fully dressed" and ready for someone to drop by to visit on a moment's notice. Her clothes had to be comfortable, but attractive.

ITA,  @RainCityWoman.

I'm retired and wear jewelry every single day. I have a lot of great sterling silver pieces and I change my pieces out every couple of days.

A Jai box bracelet, a diamonique tennis bracelet and 2 silver toe rings never come off. I add to the bracelets and change out necklaces often. 

Strangely, I never wear rings unless I'm going out.

Esteemed Contributor

The very first piece Infinity sold on QVC.  I love it. A pendent.

Super Contributor

I wear tiny ball stud earrings the most or very tiny diamond studs.

Esteemed Contributor

I love earrings and bracelets!

My jewelry wardrobe ranges from "fine" to "costume"....most are costume...lol...and I just have fun with them....I'm a combination of being a "girly girl" to being very "outdoorsy"! Woman Very Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Other than your wedding set, what piece of jewelry do you find yourself wearing most often?

I have a pair of gold tone hoops that have a lever back.  I bought them during a presentation by Mary Beth about 5 years ago.  I think they may be bronzo italia.  They are light weight and the gold is a perfect color and no signs of tarnishing.  I wear them almost every day.  They say made in Italy so I am assuming it is the bronzo brand.

Respected Contributor

I always wear a stack of gold bracelets on my right wrist.

Respected Contributor

A silver ring with a red star sapphire " mined" at a Gem flume in N.C..