Honored Contributor

Re: What on QVC makes you change the channel and why?

Anything beauty, fashion, shoes, jewelry. Just not into any of those things.

I don't change the channel over a host, but the one vendor I would never watch was Joan Rivers. Couldn't stand what she always got away with on air, that was not only inappropriate, but no one else would have ever gotten away with.

Valued Contributor

My list keeps growing longer.  My absolute won't watch ever are:

Wen

Perricone

Dooney & Bourke

Gardening shows.

Food Fest (and any other name they call it)

Christmas shows (except in season)

Body Blade

Poo Pourri

Toy shows

Faux Celebrity "designers" (Remember K-Dash?)

Lazy Boy

I'm one of those that usually has it on in the background if there's nothing else on TV.  However lately I seem to have it MUTED most of the time.Smiley Frustrated

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Respected Contributor

@Beauty2B wrote:

Everyone has their favorites and there are some hosts or products that turn you off, so you turn them off by changing the channel.  What causes you to stop watching?  

When I see Dan Wheeler, I change the channel.

Honored Contributor

I stopped watching when everyone started talking fast and furious.I don't like the host vendor match ups when both talk at the same time.I don't think Q has the lowest pricies and I can shop the web at my convenience and search for my own special values.The thrill of the hunt.

Frequent Contributor

What on QVC makes you change the channel and why?

Jane T.

Jacque

Albany

Carolyn

Rick

They upset my psyche.

Trusted Contributor

I can't think of the name of it, but I change the channel when that guy with that exercise bar that you shake comes on.  It creeps me out.  Can't imagine why....

Valued Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

I can't think of the name of it, but I change the channel when that guy with that exercise bar that you shake comes on.  It creeps me out.  Can't imagine why....

That's the guy with the Body Blade.  It's a turn off for me, too.  It may be a good product, but I can't watch the presentation.  Don't like seeing that much exposed skin on an old man.  Smiley Mad

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

I stopped watching when everyone started talking fast and furious.I don't like the host vendor match ups when both talk at the same time.I don't think Q has the lowest pricies and I can shop the web at my convenience and search for my own special values.The thrill of the hunt.

I couldn't have said it better.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@brii wrote:

Are multiple one-hour presentation of the My Pillow TSV really necessary? 

Why would anybody sit and watch that?

I think a HUGE number of QVC viewers leave QVC on in the background all day long. They don't necessarily watch or buy, but they leave it on for the noise and, in some cases, the company.

That is probably true, but if I can't find better company than a fellow who spent his teen years testing pillows then I need to re-evaluate my social life.

Honored Contributor

It's actually getting harder to watch the show any more because of the hosts and the hard sell. I used to enjoy watching, but now I just complain about the hosts and don't buy from them any way so why watch.