Esteemed Contributor

Re: What on QVC makes you change the channel and why?

Anotnella and her constant cackling.

The Wen dude.

Can't stand either of them, so I don't watch.

Respected Contributor

the completely painful repetition.

Frequent Contributor

Re: W.hat on QVC makes you change the channel and why?

As has been remarked on before.....whatever is the TSV...will be repeated, by the hour, over and over.  I am one who has kept the TV on for background noise and if something catches my eye, I will buy.  Our various presenters and vendors that we are familiar with do not bother me...however....starting at midnight we learn about TSV and we have hour long presentations throughout a very long day.  I have started turning QVC off after about 10:00 am.  Probably a good thing..:smileyvery-happy...but who knows what I might be missing when the TSV vendor takes a break.  Robot wink

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't even turn on the TV until the evening news on most days.  The only time I'll tune in is if I'm watching a show on another channel and a pharmaceutical commercial comes on! They send me screaming for relief from just hearing drug side-effects.

There's one vendor that I will not watch anymore.  If a clothing item is not shown quickly with measurements and colors in the first minute, I'm out of there.  

Then there are one hour shows dedicated to ONE product.  Add to that two hour Dooney shows, endless Wen, Philosophy, exercise equipment, and mattresses.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

Interesting question!  I think QVC might be very interested in seeing the responses.  Free market research!  Not exactly a scientific survey, but I think there's some valuable information for them here.  :-)

What makes me change the channel:

Jacque - immediate channel change no matter what she's presenting.

Jane T and Jill  - I may keep watching if I like what they're presenting, but not always.

Mattresses, electronics, Josie Maran (& similar), WEN, Bose, Christmas shows, anything that they spend too much time on.

Esteemed Contributor

Do you want the short list or long list?

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

hosts, electronics, vacuum's, vitamins, nutrisystem,  vitamins, exercise stuff, beauty products. mattresses  

Esteemed Contributor

The shows like Sat morning Q, because those shows are a mish mash of things that don't interest me.  Yes there are defintely hosts that get an immediate channel change when they appear and some shows that I won't even turn on because I know I don't like the host.

I no longer watch any of the kitchen shows.  I'm cutting down on any kitchen stuff unless it is replacing something that has broken and I probably won't buy that from QVC.

The other thing that makes me watch QVC less and less is the repetitve programming and products.  Quite frankly QVC has become so predictable that watching isn't that interesting.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jane T, Jill B, Josie Maran, Susan Graver, Dennis Basso, Judith Rip-Off, Linea, Chaz, Philosphy, Dara, Mari Lynn Meyer, Food shows, Christmas shows, Beds, Jewelry, My Pillow

Honored Contributor

"Carnival barker" hosts and vendors who are hyped up on Red Bull. They make me agitated when l want to relax.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~