Respected Contributor

Re: What new skill or hobby did u pick up in 2021?

I learned to do curbside pickup at the grocery and at restaurants. Prior to becoming fully vaxed, we only used Instacart which was a new skill in 2020. Old dog, new tricks. It can be done out of necessity.

Honored Contributor

I learned a few stories and facts from books, but thank goodness I didn't have to learn anything new!  I spent most of my career running as fast as I could to stay up with technology.  

I struggled with PC's, word processors, data transmission, web design and implementation, and actually pioneered a few things that hadn't been done before, like a way to link through modems with equipment that spoke a different language than PC's.  

So, I am happy now to enjoy not having to pull my hair out--and it's falling out on it's own.  It's ok not to run now!

Valued Contributor

1. How to be a passenger in our truck.  I love driving and rarely ride with anyone, ever.  My husband and I got a new truck and he likes to drive it so I'm riding along on our errands.  I must say, it's an experience. He's a safe driver, but man, traffic is much crazier now than it was 10 years ago.  

2.  How to handle being a new puppy mom.  Wow, what a year it's been.  Our 10 lb. lab puppy is super big now.  Being retired gives us time to handle the work that a puppy entails.  That said, I would never get a puppy again.  I love him like crazy, but the getting up at night, the jumping, the biting (normal puppy biting) and sending him to a trainer for a month was a huge eye opener.  He'll be a year on the 26th.  I love having a buddy, and he's much calmer now and boy, does my husband ever enjoy him!  Good thing I'm in decent shape; Buster mowed me down in his exuberance when we were outside playing Frisbee last week!  Like I said, not for the faint of heart! May be an image of 1 person and dog

Honored Contributor

@tarsmom  Your 'puppy' is beautiful and obviously much loved.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe   

ZOOM meetings are the norm now....

Love streaming....wish i had cut the cord sooner...

Now...to work on the canning skills!

@Drythe wrote:

Buffed up canning and freezing skills

Learned how to set up and participate in ZOOM meetings 

Cut the Cable Cord and survived well

Esteemed Contributor

No new hobbies, but I've been doing more walking/hiking, biking, reading, and yard work.

Esteemed Contributor

@tarsmom, You are a very pretty lady with a handsome pup.

What a nice way to spend your time.

Respected Contributor

@tarsmom Buddy is a beautiful dog. Sounds like you've done a great job with a rowdy puppy. We love pups dearly, but they can drive us nuts, too. 

Things will continue to get better and better. Larger breed dogs are slower to mature. I remember the Vet telling me it takes close to three years for them to fully settle.

All my dogs have been big (90 to 130 lbs).  From my experience, my Vet was right.

It takes time, but well worth it. Best of luck with your ongoing training skills. 

Trusted Contributor

shopping on the internet...  lol.. always did, but even more now.........

Esteemed Contributor

Probably gardening. I switched over to perrienials ..