Respected Contributor

Re: What makes you feel "pampered"?

Hello, QualityGal. Smiley Happy

Doing my hair with Nick Chavez products.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Besides the usual kinds of answers....mani/pedi, relaxing with a good book, snuggling with my pup,  going out to dinner.....................I thought of something else.

I feel pampered on a day when I don't have to organize anyone/anything, think about/for anyone/anything, no chores, making lists or getting ready for anything.   I feel pampered on a day when I can do what I want, when I want, with whom I want........and not have to be accountable to anyone or anything in my  busy, interconnected, rat race, real  life.  I guess what I'm trying to say is..........when I don't have to think about anyone or anything else but what I want, I feel pampered. Doesn't happen too often, but when it does.....................heaven!

I hope that makes sense.   If not, just make me a margarita and I'll feel pampered.  Smiley Wink  lol  

Of course it makes sense :-). Being pampered is being a bit spoiled for a period of time - an hour, a day - by others or by ourselves. "Being good to yourself" my mom used to say, taking me-time. It's a good thing.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Frequent Contributor

A really good perfume is the best!!

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

I'm turning it around a little bit.  When my beloved sister was in hospice but still able to enjoy our visits, I did her nails for her.  She always had beautiful hands and nails and she was proud of them.  They had been neglected. 

So I sat on the edge of her bed, washed and moisturized her hands, cut and filed her nails, and then put undercoat, a pretty light pink polish and topcoat on them.  Someone walked into the room and said, kiddingly, "wow, look at you!" to which she laughed and replied "I love being pampered!"  Good thing my long hair was covering my face on that side so she didn't see the tears. 

Thank you, as I mention earlier that is very beautiful. I thought the same, as you, posting about my father after I read this.

I miss hearing from you.

NAES

Esteemed Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

I'm turning it around a little bit.  When my beloved sister was in hospice but still able to enjoy our visits, I did her nails for her.  She always had beautiful hands and nails and she was proud of them.  They had been neglected. 

So I sat on the edge of her bed, washed and moisturized her hands, cut and filed her nails, and then put undercoat, a pretty light pink polish and topcoat on them.  Someone walked into the room and said, kiddingly, "wow, look at you!" to which she laughed and replied "I love being pampered!"  Good thing my long hair was covering my face on that side so she didn't see the tears. 

How very tearfully sweet.

I know exactly what you meant.

When my beloved dad was slowly dying in the hospital room, I stayed with him for a full _seven days and nights_ as he lay helpless with 1 IV going for fluids and 1 line going going for morphine. I cleansed him off from head to toe, brushed his teeth with a sponge on a stick, applied to his entire body with a moisturizing creme to lessen the dryness.

I prepared a bed right next to his bed from the lounge chair in the room, told all nurses to say out and no more needles, then we would talk until he fell asleep. When he woke up, he called out for me and I was not more than one second in speaking out to him, so dad knew, "I was right there and gave him chips of water to quince his thirst. We held hands and I kept his very sharp mind `alive with all news that I read from the newspaper. 

So, I know those tears of loving so deeply ...yes, I do~

We watch his last sunset together.

The sky was a beautiful rust with ivory and pink that spread completely over his huge window and there must have been hundreds of birds coming to the window to say goodbye. I knew then, that the next day that would be 'our' last hours together, here, on earth~

Those were our priceless moment that we shared

together, but nothing different than how we were as a family...as long as I had lived. How very blessed I was to have had a God Given Gift of Two wonderful Parents.      I have been so blessed and pampered my entire life, I would have no where to begin.                        

Heart

~ love to my Heart father ~  Love to my Heartmother ~

Esteemed Contributor

What makes you feel "pampered"?

Not spending so many hours and days at the hospital or at our Vet's Office.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@brewhaha wrote:

Since QualityGal took the words right out of my mouth, I'm going to say foreplay.

ROFLOL, you stinker!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s answers. I can relate to so many. It’s interesting how pampering can be little or big things. When I first retired I enjoyed taking a walk at dawn and returning to relax with a cup of herbal tea, knowing I didn’t have to commute anywhere or fight traffic. It was such a blissful moment. I think it’s when I’m in that moment of pure joy that a simple shower, a cup of hot chocolate or staying in bed and snuggling in cotton sheets/blankets feels like pampering.

Esteemed Contributor

Spending all day in my pajamas.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."