Honored Contributor

Re: What makes "Impossible Meat" look like meat.

@MaryLamb wrote:

@froggy wrote:

Humans have eaten meat since they evolved. It's natural. They will have to pry hamburgers and steak from my cold, dead hands. There is nothing inherently superior about eating vegetarian.

@froggy  Science says you’re wrong. Every bit of scientific evidence says that the closer you get to a vegan diet, the healthier you’ll be, and the longer you’ll live. This is a fact. You can pretend it doesn’t exist, but that will not change that it has been scienfically proven.

@MaryLamb 

You are mistaken. But I believe you probably read that and think it is true. 

Valued Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@froggy wrote:

Humans have eaten meat since they evolved. It's natural. They will have to pry hamburgers and steak from my cold, dead hands. There is nothing inherently superior about eating vegetarian.

@froggy  Science says you’re wrong. Every bit of scientific evidence says that the closer you get to a vegan diet, the healthier you’ll be, and the longer you’ll live. This is a fact. You can pretend it doesn’t exist, but that will not change that it has been scienfically proven.

@MaryLamb 

You are mistaken. But I believe you probably read that and think it is true. 

@willdob3  Oh, I’ve read it in multiple places and had long discussions about it with my doctor, so I’m much more likely to believe those resources rather than “wildbob” from the home shopping channel forum. Have a nice life.

Honored Contributor

There is nothing humane about standard commercial animal raising and slaughtering practices. That alone turns me away from meat.
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
There is nothing humane about standard commercial animal raising and slaughtering practices. That alone turns me away from meat.

@bikerbabe 

Thank you.

It is a vile and inhumane BUSINESS.

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:

@bikerbabe 

I agree; one needs to be careful about where one gets ones meat - and other food, too. There are good, humane sources for meat.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

We have to eat animal made food?

My cat is not going to like it when I try to teach him how to make me a sandwich.

@Porcelain 

Let me know how you make out.

With mine, he ate all the tuna before it made it to the bread, and he tried to cover up the hummus.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

We have to eat animal made food?

My cat is not going to like it when I try to teach him how to make me a sandwich.

@Porcelain, as you can see in a prior post of mine that includes an image, I took it to mean something else not nearly as cute. I'm just weird like that sometimes.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I guess some folks don't understand that the "red juice" in their steak or burger is not, I repeat, not blood. It's a protein that is in the meat. So please stop all of the "ewwww" about blood! lol! As for the fake or manufactured meat or even veggie burgers - I have no problem with what appeals to you, but please don't raise cane or put those of us who like the real thing down for what we choose. I would venture a guess that the majority of us in the middle of the country still prefers a nice beef hamburger or steak. To each her own!

Honored Contributor

Well said @jannabelle1 . I'll eat a Whopper Jr. and sometimes an Impossible Burger. It's a choice and shouldn't be open to criticism.

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I'm a equal opportunity eater. I eat meat and veggies and grains and carbs and dairy and desserts, oh my. :-)

@suzyQ3  Darling, you had me at "desserts"!  Yummy!