Valued Contributor

Re: What makes "Impossible Meat" look like meat.

@froggy wrote:

Humans have eaten meat since they evolved. It's natural. They will have to pry hamburgers and steak from my cold, dead hands. There is nothing inherently superior about eating vegetarian.

@froggy  Science says you’re wrong. Every bit of scientific evidence says that the closer you get to a vegan diet, the healthier you’ll be, and the longer you’ll live. This is a fact. You can pretend it doesn’t exist, but that will not change that it has been scienfically proven.

Honored Contributor

Soy concentrate is a man made process.

Unless someone knows where it is grown.

Esteemed Contributor

Right.  I believe what is true is, many do not eat enough vegetables.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I'm a equal opportunity eater. I eat meat and veggies and grains and carbs and dairy and desserts, oh my. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Humans are omnivores, like lots of other species. All of us are correct.

Being omnivores is why we have both meat tearing canines and plant chewing molars. We are scavengers. Our adaptability and problem solving skills are big reasons we've been so successful. So really, we can make any diet work. Hence all the diet books we've created and our huge supermarkets.

We don't have to eat at one extreme or the other if we don't want to. Or we can eat only plants or meat or Atkins or Paleo or only fish on Fridays. Infinite combos based on needs and belief. Our only big limitation is that we can't digest grass due to our less sophisticated stomachs, compared to ruminants (cows and horses etc).

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I'm a equal opportunity eater. I eat meat and veggies and grains and carbs and dairy and desserts, oh my. :-)

How on earth did you ever make it this far?

Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

We have to eat animal made food?

My cat is not going to like it when I try to teach him how to make me a sandwich.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

Sorry.....humans are Herbivores.

So much science behind this.

Stunning people still don’t get this.

Respected Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@froggy wrote:

Humans have eaten meat since they evolved. It's natural. They will have to pry hamburgers and steak from my cold, dead hands. There is nothing inherently superior about eating vegetarian.

@froggy  Science says you’re wrong. Every bit of scientific evidence says that the closer you get to a vegan diet, the healthier you’ll be, and the longer you’ll live. This is a fact. You can pretend it doesn’t exist, but that will not change that it has been scienfically proven.

It's amazing I've lived this long! I subscribe to moderation in everything.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Being omnivores is why we have both meat tearing canines and plant chewing molars. We are scavengers. Our adaptability and problem solving skills are big reasons we've been so successful. So really, we can make any diet work. Hence all the diet books we've created and our huge supermarkets.

We don't have to eat at one extreme or the other if we don't want to. Our only big limitation is that we can't digest grass due to our less sophisticated stomachs, compared to ruminants (cows and horses etc).

But we can drink tasty wheat grass shots.  Cat Tongue

Or just smoke some of the other kind.