Honored Contributor

Re: What makes "Impossible Meat" look like meat.

@willdob3 wrote:

@dex wrote:

The problem how I see it is that we have increasing population and decreasing space to grow food the long slow way nature intended.Scientists must find a way to create food that is ready fast and at a low cost to feed the people.

@dex 

Human bodies have not evolved to be able to digest and use man made food. It leads to disease and death. This is not a good, low cost solution.

I couldn’t agree more

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

@QueenDanceALot Whether something is gross is entirely relative to the observer. Folks need to agree to disagree.  

That said, I love veggie burgers, but find the 'impossible meat' ingredients a bit offputting.  Not because it's gross, to me, but because it's not a very nuritious alternative. 

I, for one, don't  want to have soy disguised as meat, when the only addition to it is oils and a (red) burger tasting juice.  I want added mushrooms, black beans, peppers, brown rice, etc.  Some healthy additions.  

I'll give the IM a try, but regardless of the described 'wonderful taste,' I'll stick with the traditional veggie burger.      

@BlueFinch 

I am fine with anyone thinking that something isn't gross that I do find gross.  Did I siay otherwise?

I also think that the soy and oil burger is not nutritious, and that is one reason I find it to be gross actually.   I have no desire or intention to try one.  I will eat other veggie burgers which I find to be much better, which I also have already stated in this thread.

OK?

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@dex wrote:

The problem how I see it is that we have increasing population and decreasing space to grow food the long slow way nature intended.Scientists must find a way to create food that is ready fast and at a low cost to feed the people.

@dex 

Human bodies have not evolved to be able to digest and use man made food. It leads to disease and death. This is not a good, low cost solution.

I couldn’t agree more

Humans were never able to digest meat & animal byproducts.

They DO, but there’s a price to pay.

Human 101 thrives on plants. Period. 

Valued Contributor

@dex wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@dex wrote:

@dex 

I couldn’t agree more

@dex What a crock. First of all, since when are plants and vegetables considered “man made food” and where do you see any scientific evidence that these foods lead to disease and death? You totally just made this up. Unbelievable.

Honored Contributor

Now everyone is making S#!& up.

lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I honestly don't comprehend the idea that humans are not equipped to eat man-made food.

Where did anyone get this notion?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

We have to eat animal made food? Woman Frustrated

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Humans have eaten meat since they evolved. It's natural. They will have to pry hamburgers and steak from my cold, dead hands. There is nothing inherently superior about eating vegetarian.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

We have to eat animal made food?

Image result for picture of person throwing up

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I honestly don't comprehend the idea that humans are not equipped to eat man-made food.

Where did anyone get this notion?

It’s made of natural ingredients.

What is ‘man-made’ about it?

Amazing....after all this discussion here & other sources,

people still don’t get it.