Esteemed Contributor

Re: What makes "Impossible Meat" look like meat.

I don't eat Frankenfood......

Valued Contributor

@haddon9 Exactly!
Valued Contributor

@Lucky Charm They probably do sell the impossible burger but they definitely had veggie burgers too; unless they discontinued them now? I don’t know, I haven’t had one in awhile from Burger King.
Honored Contributor

The secret sauce!

Honored Contributor

I don't even think it does, except how they do it for the beauty shots.  I notice in the beauty shots they have also grilled all around the edges.  Yet, at one of the boards I frequent, numerous friends in the community have posted pics from the ones they ordered and they don't look like that at all.

Honored Contributor

Meh. If someone posted a detailed article about natural meat's blood hemoglobin and fibrous connective tissue and muscle fascia and fat globules, or worse--something about pink slime-- we'd be grossed out by that too.

What makes a burger "meat" vs a disc of chickpeas and textured gluten is a worthy and important topic for food scientists to figure out. I'm glad they're working on it.

(And I have to say Quorn is gross. Never put it in chili. We did that last week and it was hard to make myself eat it.)

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Sounds gross. I will never eat this stuff

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Soon all food will be man made.

too lazy to look for Soylent Green meme, but you get my point 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

Meh. If someone posted a detailed article about natural meat's blood hemoglobin and fibrous connective tissue and muscle fascia and fat globules, or worse--something about pink slime-- we'd be grossed out by that too.

What makes a burger "meat" vs a disc of chickpeas and textured gluten is a worthy and important topic for food scientists to figure out. I'm glad they're working on it.

(And I have to say Quorn is gross. Never put it in chili. We did that last week and it was hard to make myself eat it.)

While the Impossible Burger sounds gross, it doesn't sound any grosser than this.

Honored Contributor

What I don't understand - if you don't eat meat and want to stop someplace to eat why would anyone stop at Burger King for a meatless patty on a roll?