Respected Contributor

What kind of fireworks watcher are you?

A. Very quiet - no talking at all

B. Occasionally saying something

C. Talking all the time

Me - I'm B.  I prefer to watch fireworks in a fairly quiet environment.

Tonight we had the unfortunate luck to be right beside a C.  She was talking non-stop AND singing along to God Bless the USA very loudly and off key.  The fireworks display was awesome - one of the best I've seen - but I would've enjoyed it more if we had a different neighbor.

Respected Contributor

Re: What kind of fireworks watcher are you?

Stay at home, pray to G*d that they come to an end before midnight, and that nobody gets hurt. That's the kind.

Esteemed Contributor

How great to be moved to sing!
Honored Contributor

I'm the kind that more or less tries to avoid them 'up close and personal'... Seen them, don't need to see them again... The average 'neighborhood' display is usually sort of no big deal anyway. As far as I'm concerned, @skuggles has the right idea. If I watch them at all, it's from a distance or on television. Boston's, seen on television, were beautiful this year. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

A. Very quiet - no talking at all

B. Occasionally saying something

C. Talking all the time

Me - I'm B.  I prefer to watch fireworks in a fairly quiet environment.

Tonight we had the unfortunate luck to be right beside a C.  She was talking non-stop AND singing along to God Bless the USA very loudly and off key.  The fireworks display was awesome - one of the best I've seen - but I would've enjoyed it more if we had a different neighbor.

I would've most likely found her funny and somewhat entertaining while singing ... The chattering would of annoyed me though.

Honored Contributor

TV only. Watched Boston earlier and will watch New York later. Great with big TV and Dolby Surround Sound.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

We don't go to fireworks shows. No way would I leave my puppy home alone to hear them and not be there to console him, nor would I want to take him so that he would be up close & personal. We stay home & watch television kinda' loud & turn on all fans on max to drown out any fireworks booms.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

When I see them live I'm an oo-er and ahh-er and not much else. I love fireworks. At home watching TV I often sing along with the patriotic songs they often play.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I always wonder HOW they made them................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We saw 2 firework shows.

B.  (answer)