Honored Contributor

Re: What kind of business should I call to do this job?

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D, If you're still looking, you might check with nearby community colleges or universities with horticulture/landscaping departments.  They often have good contacts and resources they're willing to share.  Best of luck and good wishes to you.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 

great advice to @Mindy D .

they are a joke stating they check backgrounds of contractors listed, that's bs!!

Last year my regular painting contractor was unavailable due to health reasons -- I contacted a contractor from Home Advisor from nextdoor ad.  Oh what a loser he was -- wanted $$$ upfront but not only this but job was 3x's more.  Then I contacted County to confirm his license info (on bogus business card) -- I gave County info he was "well known" for being a "scammer"...grrr

Honored Contributor

Keep an eye out for someone in the neighborhood having a new roof put on or having work done on the outside of the house.  Grab one of the guys and offer him $50 cash.