Honored Contributor

Re: What kind of a camper are you?

@sweetee2 wrote:

Those of you that don't like camping aren't doing it right. We have a 27ft. Trailor. And we love it. You have to customize it to you likes and tastes. Our bed is more comfortable than the one at home.Better than those tables you sleep on at hotels. You can eat anything time or anything you want not whats on the menu. Watch movies. Build a fire, talk about memories. Seriously it's the most relaxing thing you'll ever do. The camp grounds here in Utah are in the pines spread apart from other campers. We can't wait.

Besides it beats having to hear the person next door showering at 4:00 in the morning, or doors slamming, I hate that the worst.

I've never stayed in a Motel 6....lol

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I never camp, but my daughter in Colorado camps all the time.

In fact she has a huge tent on the top of her car.  It opens up, has a ladder, etc.

It cost $2,000.  How would I know?  Because I paid for the thing.  She says it was worth it, I’ll take her word for it.  🤔🙄

Are you saying she camps on top of the car??  @Annabellethecat66 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey @tansy ,  I got curious.Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tansy  Yes.  It stays on top of her car.  When it opens up you are sleeping on a real tent on top of the car.

Honored Contributor

I have no interest at all in camping.

My youngest daughter loves it.  She and her boyfriend camp all of the time.

She’s been working on a cookbook for campers for a long time.

There are a lot f rules and safety tips for campers.  They involve the types of meat you cook, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

In my younger days, I have done all kinds of camping from tents, to sleeping in the back of a pickup truck, to different types of campers and RV's.  I'm 63 now and camping for me is sleeping at a Holiday Inn vs the Hilton.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@tansy  Yes.  It stays on top of her car.  When it opens up you are sleeping on a real tent on top of the car.

Interesting, @Annabellethecat66.  I think I'd be worried all night that I might topple off😬. Good luck to her on the cookbook venture.

ETA:  I saw pictures online.  

Super Contributor

Hotel Camper☺

Honored Contributor

Having never been camping, no desire to, I'm the kind of camper who would like to stay at a hotel with room service!

Honored Contributor

I watch it on TV.    I’ve lived rural all my life; camping is not interesting to me.

During the summer I do sit in the shade of my front porch nearly every day, with a citronella candle burning nearby, but I don’t like to be outside.   I am a walking buffet for bugs and mosquitoes.   If I’m outside with 10 other people, I will be the only one with bug bites.   

I have avoided sun exposure most of my adult life, but have had 17 precancers removed from my hands and one shoulder in the last few years.   The most sun exposure I’ve received as an adult was at the clothesline.