Trusted Contributor

Re: What kind of a camper are you?

@cherry wrote:

A non existent one. I can't think of anything I hate more than camping

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Honored Contributor

A 'living room" type, preferably on the couch in front of the fireplace.

Honored Contributor

Many years ago, I was a tent camper.  Loved it!  Usually camped at state parks.  What I loved, among other things, was cooking breakfast over a camp fire.  Ahhh, to be young again!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

I don't camp. I must have my amenities. 

Me too!  Anything with two bathrooms and like a villa, that's my glamping.. sorry I love the outdoors, have stayed at a lovely hotel right on the river in Gatlingburg (( am from close to that area) and all that but nope bugs, snakes and etc aren't my thing.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50 wrote:

My idea of "camping" is the nearest Hilton or Marriott.  Do not see the appeal of sleeping outdoors.

@kaydee50   I have to admit that I am a hotel "camper" too.

I tried it a few times in my early 20s and the last time was with my DH who was my boyfriend at the time.  We went to the Blue Ridge Mountains and it was so cold (early spring) it started to snow.  We just scooped the tent and everything up that morning and threw it into the car....couldn't wait to get back home!

ETA:  My kids both love it!  Both are in their early 30s.  My son who is an Eagle Scout did a lot of camping with scouts and my DD likes to go "Glamping" (a raised floor with bed in a tent) with her boyfriend.....stilll not my cup of tea.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Growing up, we camped every summer.  We started out with a big tent and graduated to my father's accountants popup.  We camped from Maryland to Quebec.  Different state every summer until I was about 15.

Today I don't consider myself a camper.  I'd prefer a hotel.

Honored Contributor

another one of my camping adventure stories...we were with friends that time and they informed us that bears had visited during the night and got in to their food.I said oh they didn’t get ours cause it was in the tent.My dh almost had a coronary.LolAwe those life lessons.

Honored Contributor

Not a camper, hence the name Indoor Kitty. LOL.😻

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

I don't camp. I must have my amenities. 

Me too, and the older I get the more I appreciate those amienities.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel   Yea!  One of my favorite peeps!  You will be happy to know that we always have a can of peanuts for the squirrels when we go RVing.  We have a favorite beach where the squirrels live in the bushes/growth between the sand and the RV campsite.  We go out in the am... and start strategically throwing a few in the bushes and before long we have a few of our friends within a foot of our camp chairs clamouring for more (they scamper back to their hollow with chunky cheeks and return for more).  We love our squirrels.  So happy to see you hereHeart

Now that does sound ideal. I think I could RV, and if there were squirrels involved it would be that much sweeter. I love watching them and the birds. Well, all of wild life, really.