Respected Contributor

Re: What kind of a camper are you?

My idea of a vacation is not going away and living worse than I do at home. 

Roughing it to me is the second floor in a hotel, LOL!!

When we were dating, my husband took me camping in Darien, NY for a few days. It was my first and last time camping. I hated every minute of it. 

He had a pop up camper that slept 4; it had a stove, refrigerator, sink, dining table and benches and a small TV. Even though we had a few amenities in the pop up, I still had to jump in the car to use the bathroom facilities and to take a shower. UGH - the bathroom!! The floor in the shower was concrete (was told beforehand to bring flip flops to wear) and the water smelled like sulfur.

The only way I would ever go camping again is in something like this . . . . .

Image result for luxury rv's

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in Colorado and if I didn't enjoy camping and hiking around this beautiful state then I think I would be missing out on lots of fun and excitement.  Too gorgeous to just 'rent a room'. I've lived here for over fifty years and there hasn't been a year gone by without going camping and hiking....it's one reason why I stay in shape so I can go up the side of a mountain and back down carrying the weight on my back in a backpack.

Honored Contributor

DH and I own a nice travel trailer.  

We often leave on a Thursday after work with the dog and go camping until Sunday.  A few times a year we go for just about a week. Sometimes we just relax for the weekend, sometimes we canoe.  

We typically don't go to campgrounds where you are packed in like you're in a parking lot.  

Whenever I've posted photos on my social media of our weekend getaways, I always get comments about how what we are doing isn't camping or call our camper the Taj Mahal of campers.  LOL  I wouldn't tent camp but in our RV, I'm quite comfortable.  

Honored Contributor

I am a 4 walls with indoor plumbing type of a camper, Hiltona nd Hyatt are more my style than sleeping bags and air mattresses

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

My idea of roughing it is Motel 6.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Not a camper. 4-5 star hotel only. My idea of roughing it is a day at the spa.😂

@NicksmomESQ 

Spas, room service and all the creature comforts.   I camped enough times when I was a kid, so it's out of my system.  

Honored Contributor

Lived in Sevierville for 15 years and went to the Smokies almost every weekend. We camped in an extended truck or in a tent. Not an RV person at all. Love the Smokies and we go back twice a year and stay in a cabin in Townsend that my daughter owns.
Respected Contributor

I camp out by the pool of the hotel.  Preferably with a swim-up bar.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel   Yea!  One of my favorite peeps!  You will be happy to know that we always have a can of peanuts for the squirrels when we go RVing.  We have a favorite beach where the squirrels live in the bushes/growth between the sand and the RV campsite.  We go out in the am... and start strategically throwing a few in the bushes and before long we have a few of our friends within a foot of our camp chairs clamouring for more (they scamper back to their hollow with chunky cheeks and return for more).  We love our squirrels.  So happy to see you hereHeart

Aww, yay!!!  Thank you, @phoenixbrd  Much love to you!!! HeartHeartHeart

Image result for happy squirrel

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org