Honored Contributor

Re: What kind of Thanksgiving are you having?

Just a lonely day,   remembering how wonderful it use to be, i hate how life has changed.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Just my husband, son & brother inlaw.  This time we'll try a precooked smoked turrkey. All I have to do is heat it up.  Looking forward to it.  Anyone ever try it?

Honored Contributor

Me myself and I. Too much loss and sadness and betrayal in my life that's just magnified by holidays.

Will try to watch a movie or two.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Going to a nieces house. There will be a total of nine. Hope they have stuffing.

Esteemed Contributor

Just me this year.  Still debating a pie, but I know I can't eat a whole one.

Honored Contributor

Definitely going to DH's side on Thanksgiving day.  There will be 7 of us.  Not sure if my side of the family is doing anything or not.  We typically do dinner on my side the day after so some of us aren't running from house to house on Thanksgiving day.  

Honored Contributor

just us 3 this year---so all with be paired down--think I will try a turkey roulade and then the usual side dishes--need leftovers too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We talked about this ....my sister is hosting.....

There will be 4 of us (possibly 5) and we decided to order a Thanksgiving Dinner with all the fixins for pickup from our favorite restaurant..🍁🦃 🍗🥧 🏈.... oh and there will be one mischievous cat in attendance- 😸

We plan to play some games and watch some NFL football...

a8a09b13a7198fb1d517629fe7221d74.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@traveler  My Thanksgiving will be even quieter than I had thought.  Two weeks ago I was set to join 2 friends for the afternoon.  last week one ended up in hospital for emergency surgery and tomorrow I will accompany the other to her first meeting with a breast surgeon.  Suddenly holiday traditions slid to the bottom of our lists.  We’ll decide later, but if we do join together, what we eat most likely won’t be cooked in our own kitchens — being together would be special enough.

@millieshops 

So sorry to hear about the health issues with your friends.  Wishing them the best.......  Just being together is the best part of any holiday!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Our "new normal" actually started last Thanksgiving when DH's sister moved closer to her daughters and their families about 3 hours away. It'll just be the two of us, but we'll cook a turkey, dressing, green bean casserole and a couple of pies (I like pumpkin, he likes apple)...and nibble on that all weekend. It was nice & peaceful last year, and we're looking forward to it again.