Honored Contributor

Re: What kind of Thanksgiving are you having?

[ Edited ]

Quietly at home.  I am having Maine lobster instead of the usual.  

Esteemed Contributor

A little different this year. Usually DS & DDIL host. For reasons unknown this year they are not. The three of us plan to share the holiday meal with some of my siblings- probably a total of about 12 people. Of course everyone will be assigned to bring a side and a dessert or wine. We are all in the same state; the hosts live about an hour's drive away.. I don't think my other DS will make the drive.

Super Contributor

We are having dinner at home with 2 guests. I get a turkey breast and a ham from Honeybaked, then I make green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, corn, broccoli, rolls, and pies. We stick to a traditional feast, but I quit making cranberry sauce because nobody eats it but me, LOL! 

Esteemed Contributor

Just the two of us as always but I make turkey, stuffing, mashed and sweet potatoes and a veggie. We like leftovers. Thinking of making an amaretto cheesecake. 

Honored Contributor

We're probably going to do take out from one of the upscale local restaurants that we go to.  We can even pick up the items the day before if we prefer.  They are offering a traditional dinner with both dark (which I prefer) and white meat, stuffing, yams etc.  It's all ala carte so we can choose what we want.  

Respected Contributor

I’m thinking it will be just the two of us at home. We usually go to our daughter and family’s house plus my son in law has some of his family there but we have high Covid numbers here so I don’t feel safe doing that.   I’ll get a turkey breast and make our favorite sides to go with it - stuffing, sweet potatoes, pecan pie. 

Honored Contributor

I hope we won't be asked and don't have to make that decision.

I want to stay home.

Trusted Contributor

just me and my husband as usual. he'll cook some turkey dish, then the following day, we plan to order a big turkey lunch from one of our favorite bbq joints. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I don't know...

Esteemed Contributor

Zoom with family

Just us two. Traditional food.  We'll "Food Saver" the leftovers