Honored Contributor

Re: What items can I put in a care package for granddaughter going off to college

@ValuSkr wrote:

For a joke, put in a bottle of NoDoz.

We used that all thru college, esp for those all-nighters!

I didn't know it was still around.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: What items can I put in a care package for granddaughter going off to college

A roll of quarters for the laundry room unless it's loaded to her student ID card. Or ask how you can donate $ to load to her student ID card. 

Flashlight with batteries, a small sewing kit, a manicure set including toe nail clippers, gift cards to the local stores like Target or Bed Bath & Beyond or Barnes & Noble or Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

Instead of a "care" package, send a "share" package of homemade cookies that she can enjoy with her roommate(s) and friends! You'll be everyone's favorite grandma!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

download (2).jpg

Valued Contributor

I usually just put some cash in her checking account when they first leave, but send packages for all holidays.  Halloween anything orange, tshirt, goldfish, oranges, Valentines Day only red, St Pats green.  I gues you get the idea.

Honored Contributor

She should decide how much and what kind of toiletries she needs and can use.  She will know what the bath facilities are where she will live, what the space is, and how much she can store in often very tight quarters.  Space is usually an issue.

I'd go with gift cards, maybe some energy bars, and a lot of love and assurance that you are there for her.  Maybe after she is settled, send some cookies, or snacks--just have them shipped to her!  It will be appreciated.  Or refill the gift cards! 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sent three grandgirls off to college last year and another one on her way next month. Must-haves: Amazon Prime membership, flip flops for the shower,  small bottles of Philosophy bath gels, a shower wrap with her initials on it. 

Amazon cards, a small, portable fan, gift cards for Chick-fil-a. Protein bars that don't have too much chocolate so they can be carried around without melting.  The most popular is always a Target gift card; they can pick up whatever they forgot for their dorm or apartment, or shopping with it online. Small collapsible umbrella. E-cards are sometimes easier to send and much faster, plus they save a trip to the post office and shipping. 

Trusted Contributor

College kids really need  spending money! It would be really helpful too if you are able to send her a little each month. She will look forward to it and it's a nice way to stay in touch. 

Contributor

The multi pack of assorted scents of the Philosophy body wash. I know she will love it!

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I always like to do a self care package such as a nice set of Beekman soap, moisturizer, deodorant, shampoo, tootpaste, toothbrushes, floss..........you get the drift.  These are things they always need and usually don't keep enough of on hand.

That's good, first thing came to me was hand towel and face cloth.  A fresh new set, probably feels like a million bucks.