Honored Contributor

Re: What is your sleep schedule, and what is "sleeping in" to you?

I'm with those of you who love the quiet of early morning. I think it is the best time of the day, and often with kids, it's the only time of real peace you get throughout the day!

I'm much more productive between 6 am and 9 am than most of the rest of the day.

I'm like that old military commercial (was it Army?) in that I get more done before 9 am than most people do all day.

Honored Contributor

I'm another "early to bed, early to rise" person. I still get up very early (a throwback to my working days, though I've long been retired). And there's just not much that interests me on TV in the evening hours. Works for me, however.

Super Contributor

I really love to get up early in the morning. To me, it's a very special, peaceful time of the day. However, I have chronic fatigue syndrome...so I need 9-10 hours a night to feel good. If I don't get that, I end up needing to nap in the afternoon.

Fortunately, being retired gives me the flexibility to sleep when I want to and as much as I want to. It was always a challenge when I worked.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

I try to get to bed by 10pm and I'm up by 5am. Love the early morning. I sleep in on the weekends until around 8 or so.

Super Contributor

It's 3AM, I begin to think of what I have to do the next day. I also say to myself to "sleep in, you idiot, it's a weekend". (which doesn't really matter to me). I really start the process of worrying. That's me, and I know it's so wrong, but that's me. PLUS, I have one lovely mini Schnauzer that begins to just stare at me at about 6:15 daily. she won't move until I say "good morning, Darling" or something. as long as I don't move or make eye contact with her, she'll remain quiet. However the 'guilt' sets in,,,,,she needs to go out, she's hungry etc. She's my reason to get up each day, so don't yell at me to ignore her. so that's my routine,,,,daily, weekend, holiday, etc. I'm glad I have her or I might not get out of bed.

Trusted Contributor

I don't sleep well, I'm up several times during the night, my job has a lot of stress, and I have chronic pain, so when the weekend rolls around, I'm exhausted! I have to "catch up" on sleep when I can. Today I was up at 6:15, back to bed at 7:30 after DH left for work, and woke up at 9:30. And since I have nothing planned today until later, I'll probably have another nap or two during the day! "Sleeping in" for me can last all day, and sometimes all weekend! My hopes for cleaning and putting away clutter will be on hold - again. I so wish I could be an "early to bed, early to rise" person, but I'd be more of a zombie than I already am!
Respected Contributor

Now that I'm no longer working, I'm back to my night owl schedule. I generally go to bed somewhere between 1:00 am and 2:00. I'm usually up by 9:00 or 9:30.

Honored Contributor

For 9 years I had to commute 90 miles to a job that started at 8 AM. I had to be on the road by 6:30 AM...earlier if the weather was bad.

So I got used to waking up at 4:30 AM, walking the dog, doing chores, etc.

So I now sleep in on Sunday mornings until 6AM - I am usually out with the dog at 5:30 at the latest during the week.

Of course I'm no fun at a party...ready to go to sleep by 10 or 11 at night!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I try to get in bed at 11 and get up around 5, 5:30.

Trusted Contributor

DH and I are both retired and are on a lovely, leisurely morning schedule. We usually go to bed around midnight, and I usually get up around 9 a.m. DH sometimes gets up earlier if our cats wake him up. Then it's leisurely coffee and time with the morning paper in our jammies. Life is GOOD!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}