Trusted Contributor

Re: What is your favorite time of day and why?

Dusk....it brings a feeling of calmness to me . 

Honored Contributor

Anytime after 12 noon.  I am NOT a morning person.  I wake up what others consider late & go to bed late.  I am a night owl.

No matter what time I get up, I eat a "real" breakfast.

This after getting up 4:30A M-F for 35 yrs when I was in the rat race. icon_exclaim.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I LOVE the very very early morning.  About 4:00AM.  I like to watch the sun rise and get in an early morning walk.  Have to walk much later at this time of year though.  In the summer I go at about 5:30AM.  In the winter, I wait until it warms up, so that sometimes is afternoon!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

Wow -- first times popping into my head are 10:30 AM and 8:30 PM. 

10:30 AM because on non work days I've checked a few things off my morning list and am ready to do get moving. At work, the grumpy non-morning folks have accepted the day by 10:30 and their coffee kicked in.

8:30 PM because that's my chill time. After 8:30 PM I focus on relaxing.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I can't say that I have a favorite.  

I'm able to do what I want, when I want to do it.  

Honored Contributor

I love the moment before dusk when all the colors get a bit more vibrant. Just before dawn is wonderful too because you can gradually hear the birds start greeting the sun.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

10:36pm

EDIT:  forgot to say why...M-F...A Late Show

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Early morning hours before my husband & puppy wake up.  It's my private time for bible study, with no distractions.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal 

Favorite time of day? Depends on the specific days. Right now that is only 1 day a week. Last Wednesday it was 2:00pm. That is when my blades hit the ice. Hopefully it gets to be 2 days and then back to 3 days. Time to me is irrelevant.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I usually have TV's going on both ends of the house just for some noise.

However in the morning hours, I don't like any noise.  I don't answer the phone and I don't want to be visited.

My friends and family knows NOT to bother me until at least 10:00AM.  

When my girls were infants, my late husband got up in the middle of the night and fed and changed our 3 daughters.

It worked for us because he loved bonding them from the time they were infants.

As my girls got older I adjusted and (of course) would get up and take care of them without any problems.  Once they got to the point (teenagers) they got themselves up, etc.

So.....I think it's safe to say I am definitely NOT a morning person.

My youngest daughter (40) is a total morning person.  When she's in Colorado where she lives, she gets up with her dog around 5:30AM.

She stayed with me from March of this year until into September because I broke my back.

Even then she knew not to bother me.  I take specific medicine in the morning.  I get up around 8:00AM, take the medicine and lay on my side for about 1 hour.  That's the only time I can lay on my side so I treasure it.

I think I'd have to say the late evening hours are my best.  I have more energy and just feel better.  I'm talking about 9 or 10 o'clock that's PM. 

That's when I'll try on QVC clothes, etc.  Although I'm not like an old neighbor of mine.  She'd vacuume the house, shampoo rugs, etc at around midnight.  I find it interesting because she had two young children.  Evidentally, they definitely weren't light sleepers.  Same for her husband.  I think he learned to sleep through all of it.  Ha!