Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite season?...... WInter spring summer or fall? And why.

[ Edited ]

Same as Noel's list.  Also, I've lately been loving Thyme (in jar).  Sprinkle it on oven toasted french bread (over drizzled olive oil).........  Coriander, Kentucky Colonel Mint, Rosemary, Cilantro, Cumin, Curry powder, Cardamom, ..... let's see..........thinking.....there's one I can't think of right now...........I'll have to check out my spice rack.  I usually sprinkle 'this and that' over everything! ........ OH, NO!  THIS IS THE WRONG THREAD..............(Sorry.........)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Sounds yummy regardless, @ROMARY!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorite season is WINTER.......of course winter in South Texas is different than real winters up north!!!  But I just love the "cold" weather....chance to wear long sleeved shirts and sweaters, curl up in a soft throw sipping hot chocolate or homemade soup!! If there is even one snowflake it is a cause of celebration here (it's a novelty but it will melt quickly) Then of course winter means CHRISTMAS....and I love to decorate and celebrate everything that season brings!!

smiley              

My second favorite is "fall" I love the cooler weather, and we even have a few trees that change colors....seeing all the fall/Halloween decorations is fun too.....and of course football....

halloween black cat emoticon    Download garden 13  

I HATE summer---too hot and humid to do anything but stay in air conditioning...

Download weather 17Download weather 22

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

I'm a November Scorpio. Fall and winter are my favorite seasons. I would never desire to live in Florida or have year round hot weather. 25 - 75 degrees and up to 80 would be so wonderful.
Honored Contributor

Spring and Fall.  I don't like cold or hot weather. ... just cool enough for a light coat.

Honored Contributor

@Imadickens wrote:

I really couldn't do without any of them, but, if I had to choose just one, it would have to be fall!

I wonder how many of us choose the season of our birth? I'm a November baby. Although I did not intentionally choose it for that reason, I wonder if we subconsciously do like that season best?

@Imadickens

I'm sorry, I don't fit in with your birth season being your favorite season.  I'm a March baby, but Spring comes in third for me ---  I love how everything is in bloom, especially the beautiful wild flowers and the flowering red bud trees, mountain laurels, and flowering pear trees...... However, the weather is quite unpredictable this time of year in South Texas....It can be very warm and sunny (mid 80's), however, we've gone on a pinic with expectaions of weather being in low 70's and instead it was in the upper 40's, it's been cool and rainy, or warm and rainy too---so unpredictable.  This spring especially around Easter was perfect--- in mid 70's.... However, I love cool/cold weather so I picked a South Texas "winter" as my favorite, second place  "Fall", Spring came in 3rd.....and I DETEST Summer!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

😳 There's an exception to every rule?😞 You reminded me of my dd college graduation. I detest graduation ceremonies and only attended as she was graduating with honors and with her BAand MA in four years even after changing her major twice! Anyway, it was May 18 in the Hudson River Valley in New York. I was dressed on sand all heels and a linen dress. I had only a flimsy rain coat. That morning a mini blizzard sprang up! Because of the usually large attendance and shortage of indoor space for large numbers, the college was known for never moving the ceremony inside. Eventually they had to. The really bad thing is there was a seriously ill grandparent who needed to sit down and the school would not let the poor lady even into a foyer to sit down out of the snow!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.