Valued Contributor

What is your favorite Mothers Day Gift?

My favorite Mothers Day gifts are things my children made. Both of my children are adults now and living in other countries. They send me very elaborate gifts today. This week My sister and I went through my fathers possesion. We found a card he had saved from her grade school years. As a teacher I am aware how important these handmade items are to me and make sure my students get to create something for their parents. I am curious what is loved by others for this special day.

Valued Contributor

Re: What is your favorite Mothers Day Gift?

I've kept some of the handmade gifts from my daughters when they were young and also from my grandkids.  Especially the cards with their shaky printing and stick figure drawings.  The most extreme gift I received was from my husband several years ago, a red sports car with a big white bow.  

Respected Contributor

I usually get flowers, which I love.  Three vases of flowers came this week and are filling the room with lovely scents and beautiful colors.  So appreciative.

Valued Contributor

About ten years ago my son-in-law surprised my daughter and me with a Mother's Day weekend in New York City----airline, Broadway tickets, a gorgeous hotel in the heart of everything---the works.  It was a total surprise and absolutely fabulous.  He's a keeper!!!

KK

Respected Contributor

I've saved every Mother's Day card.  Every once in a while, I look through them.  I especially love the handmade ones from when they were little Smiley Happy

I wear a Brighton bracelet every day that they gave me maybe 10 years ago.  I don't know why - but that's my favorite.  They picked it out themselves, and were so excited to give it to me.

Their daddy took them to the Brighton store, and that's what they both fell in love with. 

Honored Contributor

Definitely flowers whether it is a gift card to a nice nursery or they are delivered in a beautiful vase!

Respected Contributor

I know I'm an oddball but I've never cared for flowers or candy (traditional gifts).  I don't really want a gift.  I love seeing my son, DIL and 2 grandkids so we will get together soon for lunch.

I don't like going out on Mother's Day.  Everything is too crrowded.  I can order a pizza or Chinese food.

Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

I know I'm an oddball but I've never cared for flowers or candy (traditional gifts).  I don't really want a gift.  I love seeing my son, DIL and 2 grandkids so we will get together soon for lunch.

I don't like going out on Mother's Day.  Everything is too crrowded.  I can order a pizza or Chinese food.

I agree about not going out on Mother's Day.  It is a zoo out there!  

Respected Contributor

Number one favorite is definitely the special made ones when my son was little. I've kept them all.

My DH brought me two dozen red roses last night which I absolutely love. 

Making Memories with a picnic lunch and the beach Heart