Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Cruel and unusual punishment to string the boring bunch together on a weekend, no less.

Friday - Hairmax  😩

Saturday - iRobot Vacuum 🥱 

Sunday - KitchenAid Mixer 🙉  

@pupwhipped 

I had the IRobot on background at some point. I can't remember who the host was but she mentioned purchasing multiples.

I was like WHAT?? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is worse?

[ Edited ]

@Spurt 

If I am reading the chart correctly it looks as if electronics and beauty items are down double digits. I am not surprised at electronics. How many can a household have? I would think that it's over saturation of their core audience.

I am surprised at Beauty products, especially since Covid mask restrictions have lifted. Maybe it's because I enjoy the beauty products I am looking at this category with rose tinted glasses. 

Esteemed Contributor

Number 4...

but add on ANY BEAUTY product TSV

especially philosophy, josie, mally, etc

Honored Contributor

@Spurt    It has been a year now and I think the CEO has proven he's in over his head.  Nothing has changed to improve the things that were turning people off.  It's business as usual.

As they say, if you want the results you've got, keep doing what you're doing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@Spurt 

If I am reading the chart correctly it looks as if electronics and beauty items are down double digits. I am not surprised at electronics. How many can a household have? I would think that it's over saturation of their core audience.

I am surprised at Beauty products, especially since Covid mask restrictions have lifted. Maybe it's because I enjoy the beauty products I am looking at this category with rose tinted glasses. 

@icezeus 

Its usually on the weekends when they constantly offer computers or tablets----then there's those different varieties of Halo chargers----then those "stick em" lights they always sell on David's home show on Thursdays 🙄 Definitely OVERSATURATION!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt    They even sandwiched a Dyson vacuum presentation in between Kitchenaid infomercials on ITKWD today.  I was flabergasted.  Did they run out of Kitchenaid gadgets?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: What is worse?

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt    It has been a year now and I think the CEO has proven he's in over his head.  Nothing has changed to improve the things that were turning people off.  It's business as usual.

As they say, if you want the results you've got, keep doing what you're doing.

@Kachina624 

He was primarily hired due to his expertise in technology with the believe that adding all the streaming channels and additional host interaction with customers on this platform would bring in an increased customer interest and sales.......but with inflation and other factors that strategy hasnt worked so far----- I understand retailers need to adjust and stay up to date on technology and strategies.....But what they need to do is listen to their customer comments and feedback and also give some of these ideas a try

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

All of the above

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Pook 

QVC's problems began way back when ---the economy was robust and other retailers likeTJ Maxx companies, Target, Amazon were doing well-----(this was

pre-pandemic, pre-supply chain problems, and before the economy took a tumble) around 2017---Now with things the way they are Q's sales/revenues declines are in double digits................

One of the reasons for the declines is viewers are turning the channel and ARENT watching or buying much because hosts are annoying, or the product lineup is repetitive and/or undesirable!

Did you look at their Press News Release data---The categories you mentioned are all down in sales---

Capture.PNG

Even going back  to 2018----home, beauty, electronics, and jewelry declined in sales .....

NO I do not look at any companies' press releases as it really does not matter to me if sales are up or down as not my company!!  Why would most really care - unless they are a major stock holder???  I find  it odd that some actually do this and then run to post it.  I do shop a lot here with no major issues but if I had so many complaints then I would shop at a company that is a better fit for me and if a company goes out of business there are many other places to shop!  Life goes on!!