Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,434
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: What is with the censorship?

@IG

 

LOL IG, it is easier to do it than explain it so here is "your" link.

 

http://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/34174

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Are you setting an example or being an example?
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,935
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: What is with the censorship?


@Marp wrote:

@IG

 

LOL IG, it is easier to do it than explain it so here is "your" link.

 

http://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/34174


@Marp

 

Thank you SO much!

 



Smiley lips 109.gif
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,358
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: What is with the censorship?

Jmho but since there's no fee to post here and

so many posters say they seldom or

never even shop with the Q anymore

I don't understand the belligerent demands after 

demands day after day for explanations or 

the uproar about what gets poofed or 

allowed and I've had my share of poofed 

posts like everybody else.  The Q doesn't even

have to offer these boards at all much less 

owe us daily answers about the decisions imho.

 


••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,224
Registered: ‎01-26-2013

Re: What is with the censorship?


@newziesuzie wrote:

I guess I don't think of it as 

censorship because the Q owns 

and operates the boards and we 

also agree to their Standards

 so it's their call not ours imho.

 

 

if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck and it doesn't matter who owns it.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,358
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: What is with the censorship?

 

Really their Standards say it all with this ending 

paragraph:

 

"The QVC members who participate in our Community features are solely responsible for their conduct there and for the content of their postings.

 

QVC does not and cannot review everything that occurs and is not responsible for the content of the postings.

 

We reserve the right in our discretion to delete postings or threads that we deem in violation of these guidelines or otherwise unacceptable to us.

 

We further reserve the right in our discretion to suspend or remove the privileges of users who violate these guidelines and to report such individuals to the appropriate authorities."


••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,358
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: What is with the censorship?

[ Edited ]

@Tyak wrote:

@newziesuzie wrote:

I guess I don't think of it as 

censorship because the Q owns 

and operates the boards and we 

also agree to their Standards

 so it's their call not ours imho.

 

 

if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck and it doesn't matter who owns it.


 

 

 

Ok fair enough then it's semantics.  They own 

and operate it so they have power over

 their choice of censorship and we 

sign up agreeing to their Standards so when we 

do that we agree they can censor us their way.

 

😊


••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,307
Registered: ‎09-05-2014

Re: What is with the censorship?

It could be because so many people who post seem to want to be gossipy and mean especially about the hosts...that's really not what this forum is for!!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,504
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Re: What is with the censorship?

 

IMO it has nothing to do with ducks or quacking. "Censorship" is first of all in the eye of the beholder, and secondly - even if it IS "censorship" (however thousands of people may differently define it), well, that's okay too. Censorship is allowed and legal. Not to mention that, by posting on these forums, every poster agrees to QVC's terms or has to abide by them regardless of whether they agree with them.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,117
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: What is with the censorship?

I wonder if the moderators are like other law enforcement who have to meet their quota each month. If they don't delete something, the boss might think they are not paying attention to their jobs.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,915
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: What is with the censorship?


@newziesuzie wrote:

 

Really their Standards say it all with this ending 

paragraph:

 

"The QVC members who participate in our Community features are solely responsible for their conduct there and for the content of their postings.

 

QVC does not and cannot review everything that occurs and is not responsible for the content of the postings.

 

We reserve the right in our discretion to delete postings or threads that we deem in violation of these guidelines or otherwise unacceptable to us.

 

We further reserve the right in our discretion to suspend or remove the privileges of users who violate these guidelines and to report such individuals to the appropriate authorities."


And to me that is why the posts that are reported are taken down first.