Honored Contributor

Re: What is with the censorship?

Thanks!  I'll go back.  Mine didn't list 'Users' in the first drop down box.  I'll try the latest poster's directions.  See what happens.... Thank you.  At least I'm headed in the right direction..............better than nothing at all, lol. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY wrote:

I wouldn't even know whether or not my replies have been deleted, because I don't know how to find them.  BTW, how can we find our recent replies?  Sometimes I want to go back and edit, and/or don't even recall which discussions I've commented/replied (to). 

@ROMARY

Bookmark this link.  It is to a listing of all your posts and is continually updated.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/135994

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

I was involved with a thread during the debates which was very civil and interesting but we knew it was against standards.  However, it was interesting to hear the views of other QVC shoppers.  We were eventually poofed but we can't complain as QVC has standards and rules and we broke the rules.  I suspect a poster notified QVC as inappropriate as we managed to keep the convo going until the next day.  So if someone reported it as offensive and inappropriate, they had no choice but to remove it.  I don't think it is the political thread that is inappropriate but when people discuss politics, discussions become heated and posters often attack each other and make abusive remarks.  The political thread was very civil and it was interesting to see opposing viewpoints. Too bad, because it was fun. 

I, too, was involved in that thread.  I followed it until the debates were over and no one became beligerent or unkind to other posters or candidates.  It was a pleasure to participate.  When I looked again the next morning, it was gone and I wondered what happened.  It's unfortunate that more of those discussions are not possible, but as always, a few ruin it for everyone.  

Respected Contributor

A few days ago I put a link in a post and it was deleted because links to other sites are not permitted.  It was not a shopping site link.  It was to Websleuths.

Since then I have seen gobs of links leading to other sites that are not deleted.

I don't get it.

Honored Contributor

Oh, wait...........going to 'Community' first, then 'Users' will probably show up...........I'll let you know later.......have to go right now for awhile, maybe an hour or so............Anyway, I saved this page, so I can go back and try all of your directions.  Thank you, everybody!  (I really should write down your nics/names so I can individually thank you....)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because there is no need to be unkind

Respected Contributor

@mima wrote:

A few days ago I put a link in a post and it was deleted because links to other sites are not permitted.  It was not a shopping site link.  It was to Websleuths.

Since then I have seen gobs of links leading to other sites that are not deleted.

I don't get it.

Because a lot of it depends on if the post gets reported.  And while I don't think a lot of people would call in to get a post removed it wouldn't surprise me if there are people who do.

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

I don't get it.

It would be very helpful if the moderators could post in the forum what SPECIFICALLY will get a link post deleted. I have read the "rules" about this more than once and they seem to contradict themselves - and like others, I hear of links being deleted that do not, on the face of it, violate the rules.

So is there some sekrit dekoder ring thing that most people wouldn't have a clue about that is because of how the linked site operates/does business, and not the site per se, that gets links deleted? Is there a list of common sites you will always delete? Do the moderators search the forum for links to delete or do they only delete a link if it's reported?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

I wouldn't even know whether or not my replies have been deleted, because I don't know how to find them.  BTW, how can we find our recent replies?  Sometimes I want to go back and edit, and/or don't even recall which discussions I've commented/replied (to). 

@ROMARY

enter your user name on "search forums and blogs" box

click on the drop down box and click on users

click on the red GO button

it should take you to your name and stats

click on your number of posts

this will bring up your posting history

@sunshine45

Do you mean 'Total number of posts" underneath date registered, etc.?

If so, I can't click on the number of posts nor the statement 'Total number of posts'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

@ROMARY

Bookmark this link.  It is to a listing of all your posts and is continually updated.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/135994

@Marp

How do I find my user id number like you have in her link?  I need a link, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.