Occasional Contributor

Re: What is with the censorship?

[ Edited ]

@Adelina wrote:

@CCC1 wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

You need to be more specific, nobody knows what you are talking about........

Since I posted my comment here, I thought it was pretty self-explanatory I was talking about the removal of threads from this board.  It seems to be a common complaint here.

Yep, a very common complaint it is. And this is yet another. Sigh.

Yep, and some complain about complaints.  It's a vicious cycle.

Trusted Contributor

@CCC1 wrote:

@Adelina wrote:

@CCC1 wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

You need to be more specific, nobody knows what you are talking about........

Since I posted my comment here, I thought it was pretty self-explanatory I was talking about the removal of threads from this board.  It seems to be a common complaint here.

Yep, a very common complaint it is. And this is yet another. Sigh.

Yep, and some complain about complaints.  It's a vicious cycle.

So true. biggrin.gif

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

lol!  It's the daily whine which gets old but then

sometimes I do it as well lol.  Maybe we need a thread 

of our daily whine and complaints and complaints 

about complaints Etc etc etc.

😈😜😀

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Trusted Contributor

Great idea @newziesuzie. One thread, only whines of the day. I'm in! 

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

What censorship?  I don't think there is censorship.  It's rather simple  - there are rules and guidelines, follow them and you'll be fine.  Break them and pay the consequences.  It's all clearly stated in the community guidelines you read and agreed to.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This board is privately owned by QVC and when you joined you aggreeded to stay within their standards. If that is a problem for you then you should not have agreed and not joined a PRIVATELY OWNED board.

Honored Contributor

What is with the boring, constantly repetitive, always contentious posts from "new posters" who already know that this is a moderated board with posted STANDARDS????

Honored Contributor

Part of the problem is the standards aren't always followed and are vague enough that pretty much anything can be poofed on a whim. The other day they let a post about the debates (political) stay up for hours. There was also a post about another rival forum (also against the standards) that was allowed to stay up for hours. Other posts that are perfectly innocuous will get poofed while some that clearly violate the standards stay up. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Part of the problem is the standards aren't always followed and are vague enough that pretty much anything can be poofed on a whim. The other day they let a post about the debates (political) stay up for hours. There was also a post about another rival forum (also against the standards) that was allowed to stay up for hours. Other posts that are perfectly innocuous will get poofed while some that clearly violate the standards stay up. 

I always thought it depended on someone reporting something which brings it to their attention. I too was very surprised by how long the thread about the debates was there. I also think some mods probably just automatically poof anything reported and others actually read it first to see if a standard has been violated.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote: